You order a truck & the dealership allows others to test drive YOUR truck. WWYD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for new gen2, I noticed some with 50+, 100+ miles which I didn’t understand... I bought my 17AG with 12 miles. I’m accustomed to buying new higher-end vehicles with <5 miles, so even 12 miles seemed high to me. Did any of you buy new with lots of miles?

Mine came in from the factory and still had 25 miles on it. Weird as it was, I lost no sleep over it. Now if there was video of some hammer head redlining my new special order truck, I would be getting a discount and a warranty extension for free.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Happened to me. Truck was supposed to have 16 miles on it and it had 36. I let my displeasure be known but in the end I had waited months to get the truck so I wasn’t going to walk away because of an extra 20 miles.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be very upset and like others have said before, try and use this as leverage to knock the price off. If they act like *******, I'd threaten to walk away from the deal.

A vehicle they take a deposit on belongs to the person who paid the deposit, unless they default or back out of the deal. They cannot just let others test drive it.

Matt6951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove two raptors, and I told them I wanted a lariat. I wanted a silver lariat, they went to another dealership and got a silver raptor. I drove it because, why the hell not. I guess it worked.

AGKINGS

Reaction score
Honestly If its a lemon its gonna be a lemon. I bought my gen 2 with 100 miles on it... bothered my a little at first but now I stare at 15k miles not a single problem makes me feel great I got a good truck.

Zhammy3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Told them to order up another.Has happened to my old man, Ordered a truck, it arrived, told them we would be in later. We showed up early and a employee was out driving it to lunch. Told them we didnt want it anymore and to order another

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine had 57 miles on it, I ended up putting half of those since they gave it to me for the afternoon to decide if I wanted it. Typically the dealer I work with will give me the vehicle for an afternoon or so to decide.