You can have your Raptor shipped to you in any state small fee!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of people (including myself) buying out of state. But many people are flying to pick up their Raptors. There is an easier way.

You are paying for a dealer destination fee already, weather you buy local or not. Dealers do what is called a Courtesy Delivery. Each dealer charges a fee. I paid $600 total for mine to have it shipped from the Ford factory to me in Arizona. Yet I ordered from a dealer in West Virginia. I would pay a lot more then $600 for flights, hotel, gas, food, time and all the miles on the truck.

All Raptors havd a built in Destination and Delivery fee of $1295 which Ford charges. No matter where you buy it, you pay that fee. So it doesn't matter to the dealer if you have it shipped direct to him, you can pay to have it shipped to other dealers. Each dealer will charge a small fee for the extra paperwork they have to do. One dealer charged me $200, the other $400. The dealer receiving is now responsible for delivering the Raptor to you once Ford ships it. The dealer you bought from just has to put in that new dealers location code so Ford knows where to ship it from the factory. Your selling dealer will need that info before he places the order in the Ford system to get your DORA. I'm unsure if they can change it later, I didn't ask. It was pretty simple for my dealer, I just gave him a local dealers name I knew had no allocations left and he called and found one to agree. Picking small town dealers with no allocations is a good idea as not all dealers will do this since they have Raptors on the lot they are trying to sell.

D

Deleted member 12951

Good to know as I never knew that. I drove out of state to get my GEN1 but it was only 3 hours away for me.

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of people (including myself) buying out of state. But many people are flying to pick up their Raptors. There is an easier way.

You are paying for a dealer destination fee already, weather you buy local or not. Dealers do what is called a Courtesy Delivery. Each dealer charges a fee. I paid $600 total for mine to have it shipped from the Ford factory to me in Arizona. Yet I ordered from a dealer in West Virginia. I would pay a lot more then $600 for flights, hotel, gas, food, time and all the miles on the truck.

Good info for sure. But nonetheless, you'd then be missing out on a road trip ;-)

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think dealers lose allocations if they do this, they're essentially taking an order and giving it to another dealer - devaluing their location

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont't think they lose allocation but not sure. Its is done all the time for big fleet accounts as well.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships do not have to do courtesy delivery....many won't, especially if they're trying to sell a truck themselves at a mark up

OP
OP
V

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think dealers lose allocations if they do this, they're essentially taking an order and giving it to another dealer - devaluing their location

They are not giving the order to another dealer. Selling dealer still makes the commission and sale. BTW dealers by allocations from other dealers all the time.

All this does is have FORD SHIP IT to anther dealer instead of the selling dealer.

Since there is a lot of competition for Raptors right now, this is why I suggest choosing the delivering dealer as one with no more allocations or one willing to help (small dealers). They do charge a fee for this so they are making money as well.
You need to call and ask for a manager for approval, a sales person can not approve this.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my '17 about 1200 miles from home... driving home was a great way to get to know my new truck. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts