Yet another towing review...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tightt

Reaction score
Very nice. Old school S4?

I like the tailgate applique on your truck, looks good. Looks like you also added the power running boards?

Thanks! Yea...its a 2002 S4...fully built engine (bored and stroked), upgraded brakes, Ohlins suspension, etc.

On the Rap we painted the appliqué gloss black and added orange accents. The side steps are AMP....they work amazingly well.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yea...its a 2002 S4...fully built engine (bored and stroked), upgraded brakes, Ohlins suspension, etc.

On the Rap we painted the appliqué gloss black and added orange accents. The side steps are AMP....they work amazingly well.

Did you paint your bumpers and fender flares also? Do you have more pictures you could share? I haven't seen that done before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towed again today. Slowed down cruise to 65 (was 72 previous time) but MPG was exactly the same at 11 and change, though the route was different today. Still LOVE pro trailer backup assist, as well as the camera/hitch assist. What a nice truck.

IMG_20170524_080939.jpg

IMG_20170524_082708.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been towing a lot more. Truck pulls like a champ. I cannot say enough nice things about the rear camera that directs you to hitch up the trailer. Damn it makes it easy. I've turned up the gain on trailer brakes to high (had it in medium before) as the raptors brakes seem a little soft to me while towing. I'm not going to level the front as it sits perfect when hitched to a trailer. Leveling and towing sag would make it very nose high.

Towing mpg is mediocre at best. I get right around 9-9.2 when calculated at pump and gauge reads 9.8. I tow the trailer in the photo in post above which is fairly heavy but still. I get no signal on the cb while towing so I'm wondering if the big steel trailer is scrambling the radio reception.

Last edited: