Yes I know, another exhaust thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ice

Reaction score
Hey, new guy over here. I know this topic has been addressed over and over again, so I apologize for beating the dead horse.

I recently received my 2017 Raptor. I love everything so far, but I just can't stand how tame it sounds. I know no exhaust system is going to make the Raptor sound like a V8, but I just want something that adds a little bite.

I'm not looking for something too over the top, so I've narrowed it down to the Borla S type or the Corsa Sport Muffler only kit. I've only heard these two systems on videos, and to be honest they sound pretty similar. I would appreciate all input, and even new suggestions.

*in before I get the "stick with stock, all non oem exhaust systems sound like civics" * :)

OP
OP
I

Ice

Reaction score
Stock plus downpipes sounds the best.

Hmmm I was actually thinking about doing SPD catted downpipes as well after the exhaust swap. This is with a resonator though, to keep it from being overkill

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I was actually thinking about doing SPD catted downpipes as well after the exhaust swap. This is with a resonator though, to keep it from being overkill

Stock exhaust with downpipes is loud

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
straight pipe with out or high flow cat's is the only thing that will give it sound. wouldn't hurt to have new mandrel bend pipes put on.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Such a subjective question...any way you can visit a couple of shops or find other local Raptor owners who have systems already installed? Good luck!

Punishr

Reaction score
Borla is loud. I have the Atak but I heard both are loud. Worst choice I made in all my aftermarket choices. I'm a quiet guy and not an attention wh*re so this thing drives me nuts. I let all the YouTube reviews and V8 addicts that are compensating for something talk me into thinking the stock system sounded badly.. It sounds fine. If I hadn't let the place throw away my stock system I'd pay to have it put back on and sell this Borla. Everyone will know you're coming or going, no question. And with windows down.... Forget it. I have to figure downpipes would be equally as loud... And looks like loud isnt really your goal. Try the corsa. My 02.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Borla is loud. I have the Atak but I heard both are loud. Worst choice I made in all my aftermarket choices. I'm a quiet guy and not an attention wh*re so this thing drives me nuts. I let all the YouTube reviews and V8 addicts that are compensating for something talk me into thinking the stock system sounded badly.. It sounds fine. If I hadn't let the place throw away my stock system I'd pay to have it put back on and sell this Borla. Everyone will know you're coming or going, no question. And with windows down.... Forget it. I have to figure downpipes would be equally as loud... And looks like loud isnt really your goal. Try the corsa. My 02.

Hey now. We V8 guys have always said to leave EB exhaust alone. Only folks who are ignorant of physics thought a cat back could change the tone.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'd tend to agree, while I'm still awaiting my Raptor, I have driven a friends several times and it's plenty loud stock. IMO, adding louder pipes won't make it sound any better - just louder. And, I like the sound at the stock level. Think of all the "fart can" import V6's you hear...do you really want to sound like that? Just my .02 worth...good luck whichever way you go!!