YAY!! I've got the 2017 OIL LEAK!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well threw the truck up on the lift last weekend do what we do, modify shit, and low and behold, the Exxon Valdez obviously struck the under side of my truck from the look of the oil slick. So get the truck to the dealership, cuz it only has 1200 miles on it and tell them it's their problem. That was on Wednesday. They call me later that afternoon to tell me they ordered a new oil pan, it's only 35 dollars BTW, and they say they will have it Thursday and ready to go. Oh, they BTW is Future Ford Roseville out here in Not the Free United States. So Thursday creeps by, I leave work, because I didn't luck out and get e trust fund, and start heading home. I called the dealership a couple of times and couldn't get an answer from service about the status of my truck. So on my way home I call again and leave a somewhat aggravated VM message on Justyn Hoovers VM. About 5 minutes later Justyn calls and says that the part for some UNKNOWN reason the part did not show up....Umm I know the reason, they forgot to order it, and that hopefully the part will show up today and that if it doesn't, then the truck won't be ready till Monday. Monday will not work because I need the truck by then. Call Ford corporate, get the usual East Indian helper, she tells me that the dealerships are privately owned and they can't do anything about that. I tell her that maybe she can pass on to the assembly line that hand tightening the oil pan bolts and not using the torque wrench is a bad idea and hang up on her. Think I'll order the pan myself and put it on, at least I know it will get done correctly. My Gen 1 never had issues!!Okay Rick, just breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth........

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they put you in a Ford Fusion too?

Your dealing with this properly, yoga breaths. Although firing a rifle is how I relieve stress.

Is there another dealer you can try?

Also try an inverted headstand, while visualizing the new oil pan in your third eye.

Only then will the pan manifest..

Last edited:

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live down the street from Future Ford. They wouldn’t go lower than $7500 over on a 17 a few months back. �� They still have about 4-5 2017s between their two locations.

Hope you get your issue resolved.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new oil drain plugs are a plastic grooved lock type nut similar to how the gas the cap fits. It's not your typical threaded bolt. Not only is it a poor design for future leaks but the second you loosen the cap, oil sprays eveywhere. That's probably what happened and the tech didn't do a good enough job cleaning the oil that sprayed on the pan and various parts of the undercarriage.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new oil drain plugs are a plastic grooved lock type nut similar to how the gas the cap fits. It's not your typical threaded bolt. Not only is it a poor design for future leaks but the second you loosen the cap, oil sprays eveywhere. That's probably what happened and the tech didn't do a good enough job cleaning the oil that sprayed on the pan and various parts of the undercarriage.

You have a gas cap?

I've discovered mine is leaking oil as well. Did 2nd oil change yesterday and its definitely coming from above the drain plug around the pan gasket area

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a gas cap?

I've discovered mine is leaking oil as well. Did 2nd oil change yesterday and its definitely coming from above the drain plug around the pan gasket area

No gas cap on the raptor but just a similar type of locking mechanism found on most gas caps.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No gas cap on the raptor but just a similar type of locking mechanism found on most gas caps.

I was just ******* with ya... but seriously I don't mind the drain plug that much. It's got a pretty stout o-ring and I only pull it to get the last cup or so of oil out.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just ******* with ya... but seriously I don't mind the drain plug that much. It's got a pretty stout o-ring and I only pull it to get the last cup or so of oil out.

Ha yeah I :snoopfacepalm: after I re-read the gas cap comment.

I make my wife pump my gas anyways so I wouldn't really know.

OP
OP
Redleg

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm okay with the drain plug too, it's the same setup as on my GT350, would be nice however if the Raptor assembly line would get the notes on how to install an oil pan from the Mustang line. It's the worst dealership in the world, I can get through to El Presidente quicker than I can get a hold of my service adviser. Thank god I didn't buy my truck there, I got mine from North County Ford in San Diego, no markup and they drove 1/2 way up to Bakersfield to deliver it. Good bunch of guys down there. Tried to deal with them on a Raptor but they thought they were giving me a break by only adding 10 grand markup. They just got in a Roush Raptor, I'll have to go look at the asking price on that, probably 100,000,000,000 and an oil leak:flipthebird: