! WTF ! Dealer called to say my order has been canceled.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously, WTF.

Dealer JUST called me. When I saw the caller ID say Zimmerman Ford I got so ridiculously excited since I haven't heard from him since I placed my order......WAAAAAY back in JULY !

I answered and said "....so you got a VIN for me???" in a happy/excited tone.

His response...." unfortunately I have some bad news".

He went on to explain that of the 3 allocations they were given by Ford, they just were told today that they are only getting 2. I was the 3rd, so my order got canceled.

Of course my mood sank like the Titanic at that point. He said several dealers were being told today.

I placed my order about a week after the pre-ordering was allowed back in July. They were charging me $1000 below MSRP.

Oh well, wutchya gonna do.....

* UPDATE *

I called the dealer back (shortly after my first post) and asked to speak to the GM. We spoke and he gave me the same info, that being their rep informed them that Ford is cutting allocations. I felt something wasn't right. I asked for the name of the rep and then the phone number. He gave me the name, but could not give out the number but said he would have the rep contact me. I said that was fine and also said NOT to send me my deposit back yet until this gets sorted out.

Skip ahead a few hours....Well, I just got ANOTHER call from the dealer....new story. The GM MISUNDERSTOOD the conversation with the rep. Apparently the rep told him that Ford is pushing back production due to issues with the 10 speed. Many Raptors and 3.5 equipped F150's have not yet been released despite being completed and are therefore just sitting on a lot. The GM somehow misunderstood that to mean they were cutting back allocations ????

Anyway, as it stands AT THE MOMENT....my order is still good, but they have not idea when production will actually start, which is sort of where I was before he called me the first time today.

Last edited:

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously, WTF.

Dealer JUST called me. When I saw the caller ID say Zimmerman Ford I got so ridiculously excited since I haven't heard from him since I placed my order......WAAAAAY back in JULY !

I answered and said "....so you got a VIN for me???" in a happy/excited tone.

His response...." unfortunately I have some bad news".

He went on to explain that of the 3 allocations they were given by Ford, they just were told today that they are only getting 2. I was the 3rd, so my order got canceled.

Of course my mood sank like the Titanic at that point. He said several dealers were being told today.

I placed my order about a week after the pre-ordering was allowed back in July. They were charging me $1000 below MSRP.

Oh well, wutchya gonna do.....

Deposit returned?

D

Deleted member 12951

What did they do?

Took orders like the have done in the past for just $50 over invoice and $249 processing with $1000 deposits, gave everyone a sales order then a couple weeks later told them they would still process it but at full MSRP instead or they would refund their deposit back if they wanted to cancel. Bait and switch but blamed it on Ford and wouldn't uphold their agreement with their customer.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I started the dealership BLACKLIST. I wouldn't doubt AT ALL that they knew all along how many allocations they were getting, and they were holding out for the highest customer.

**** them!