Wrecked.... :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theman1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got nailed by a girl trying to beat a yellow light.... Hit dead square on the left front tire... Had the truck for less time than I had it on order. Had it towed to best shop I knew who said frame is both bent and pinched and the roof is twisted in addition to all the front end damage... Insurance decided that it's still repairable (shop said no effing way) so they towed it to another place that claims they can repair it. I get the sad feeling i'm about to end up with a very expensive POS that i'll never be able to trade or sell... Insurance refuses to give me adjusted value compensation stating that it's other driver's fault. Her insurance refuses to accept liability b/c there were no witnesses and it's he said/she said even though she TOLD the cops that she was trying to beat the yellow..... Grrrrrr just needed to rant. :(

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man glad everyone’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Pics? Have them replace the whole frame and make sure they don’t put it on anything like car fax. A shop and insurance will not do it if you ask and if not, go to other shop.

Will your insurance company fight against the other insurance to get it done right?

lightman02

Reaction score
I think anytime it goes through insurance it goes on car fax, I don't think you have the choice. I hope things work out with the truck, I installed a dash cam a few months ago and I will never have a truck or car without one now. Does the police report have the girls statement on it about the yellow light? If yes I would threaten to sue her insurance, it usually gets them to stop being the scam they are.

Last edited:

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aww man that's a bummer. Sounds like you're ok though? No mention of injuries at least.
What insurance company you have? There's gotta be a way to fight it, insurance is just trying to do a repair because it'll save them money.

dgilm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Literally just bought a dash cam 15 minutes ago.
Insurance companies look for any little way to get out of paying and I'd rather not trust a witness. Cameras don't lie.

Sorry about the accident. I hope you can get it resolved.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
So the cop in me makes me wonder how you got hit by someone "trying to beat a yellow". Does that mean you proceeded through a red light? Making a turn and failed to yield right of way? Explain direction of travel and help me understand as someone with a yellow light still has right of way 100% of the time.

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an M3 I get hit in twice! I used their insurance for repairs both times. Carfax and autocheck were clean when I went to sell it. I think accidents were a police report is filed are the ones that end up on a carfax.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the cop in me makes me wonder how you got hit by someone "trying to beat a yellow". Does that mean you proceeded through a red light? Making a turn and failed to yield right of way? Explain direction of travel and help me understand as someone with a yellow light still has right of way 100% of the time.

The ex-cop in me says maybe he was going straight on yellow and she was turning left on yellow?
Always give a witness a way to minimize their involvement so they will admit the truth. [emoji48]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk