Wrapping my roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My Schnell

Reaction score
Where'd you get it done? I'm assuming you're in Anchorage, so sorry if I'm wrong. I have one of the Avalanche Gray Raptors here in town and would like to get my roof wrapped as well.

I am in Anchorage...

Got it done at CCA Motorsports. Had them wrap the roof, remove the hood graphics and wrap the center section all in Satin Black. I've used them to detail/paint correct, seal, tint and now wrap.

My car's there now getting paint corrected, detailed and sealed. I think they do the best job around.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ That's funny, I was just noticing today how I've seen a lot of CCA Motorsports stickers on people's windows lately. When you say you're getting the paint "sealed," what does that mean exactly? A ceramic coating? If so, how much are they charging you? I don't know if I'm gonna even bother with it since Avalanche Gray seems so easy to take care of, but I am still curious. And I also have a black Audi that could definitely use a detail and some sort of paint coating/sealant.

My Schnell

Reaction score
^ That's funny, I was just noticing today how I've seen a lot of CCA Motorsports stickers on people's windows lately. When you say you're getting the paint "sealed," what does that mean exactly? A ceramic coating? If so, how much are they charging you? I don't know if I'm gonna even bother with it since Avalanche Gray seems so easy to take care of, but I am still curious. And I also have a black Audi that could definitely use a detail and some sort of paint coating/sealant.

Ceramic coating as I understand it. It makes it much easier to take care of my wife's black car. They also removed 90%+ of the swirl marks.

My truck had a ton of swirls...not sure if they are easier to see on reds than grays but this is my first red car/truck ever.

They charged me around $700 to complete the entire truck (not including the wraps.) Overall I am very satisfied with them, though time-will-tell with the coating and how long it lasts.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck had a ton of swirls...not sure if they are easier to see on reds than grays but this is my first red car/truck ever.

Seems like most of the Raptors up here are Avalanche Gray, which kind of irritates me because I'm one of like 4 or 5 people with that color. Then there's your red one and I've seen one blue one driving around. I kind of wish I had been able to buy the original Shadow Black truck that I wanted.

If you haven't heard the story, I bought a black truck down in Oregon and before I could take delivery it need 3 weeks of work on the transmission and an eventual replacement transmission, so I cancelled the purchase before taking delivery. It was Shadow black with bead lock wheels and carbon fiber trim which is exactly what I wanted, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a new truck with problems like that before delivery.

Btw, thanks for the info.

My Schnell

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of the Avalanche Grays running around. I really liked the Ruby Red and was surprised mine stayed at the dealer as long as it did. Sorry to hear about the shadow black one! Probably would've been the only one in AK with carbon and beadlocks...

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Was that Anchorage Kendall? Did you get them to come down off the $15k ADM they ask for at all the Kendall dealers?

My Schnell

Reaction score
Yes I did...They came down to about $4.8K plus I was able to trade in my '14 SCREW for $49K. I was happy with the deal...

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Avalanche is getting detailed now and gloss black roof wrap. Should have it back in a few days. I'll throw some pictures up when done

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
would like to see more pics of gloss roof. I was thinking matte to match the plastic but think a gloss may be better on roof.
can anyone give an estimate on what I should pay for the roof only. Local guy said $400..seems high for just the roof.
thanks

Ownby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine. Gloss roof and matte black hood.

Attachments

• IMG_20170520_165349.jpg
    IMG_20170520_165349.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20170522_084913.jpg
    IMG_20170522_084913.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20170522_084851.jpg
    IMG_20170522_084851.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 122