Wonder is a good exhaust will help the sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FFCars

Reaction score
I've watched the vids and really don't dig that v6 sound. I wonder if an aftermarket exhaust will help? Anyone know the redline? If it revs high enough, good sound might be avalible. But if it's low reving, I have my doubts.

I honestly wish they would have used a V8. That flat crank 5.2L V8 would sound amazing in a Raptor. Maybe a 2018 option? (Wishful thinking on my part.) This great body design screams V8!

Will no V8 stop anyone from buying a gen 2 Raptor? I doubt it, but it might. Can anyone explain why they went with a V6?

Last edited:

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torque, this a heavy truck, that 5.2 v8 has less torque than the outgoing 6.2. They weren't about to make it less powerful for sound. To get over 500lbs of torque in the 5.2 it would likely need forced induction, you've then got an engine that only works for the raptor and specialty mustang. R&D costs don't justify the market opportunity

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it won't, probably the one time i'd actually suggest staying stock or trying to tone it down. the 3.5L is a solid platform, but no exhaust in the world could make it sound right. i trie on my FX4, always sounded like crap at WOT, idle wasn't horrible, but also wasn't a very clean sound.