GEN 2 Wiring Upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a couple of questions in Private messaging so I thought I would post this here.

Wiring the upfitter switches is super easy.

There are two sets of wires under the engine compartment on the passenger side, just to the rear of the battery, near all of the connections passing through into the cabin. Mine were taped off to the other wire bundles.

The hot side is nearest the battery, the switch side is nearest the firewall.

Example: To connect the Baja Designs lights all you do is run the Red (hot) wires to the battery side wires and the Red/Black to the switch side wires.

You can use a wire nut to connect several together to a single upfitter switch connection.

The wires are color coded as follows:

2017 Wire Colors

AUX1 - Green(solid)/Blue(stripe) - 15A
AUX2 - Gray/Yellow - 15A
AUX3 - Violet/Orange - 10A
AUX4 - Brown/Blue - 10A
AUX5 - Gray/Orange - 5A
AUX6 - Yellow/Violet - 5A

2018 Wire Colors

Aux 1 - Green/White - 15A
Aux 2 - Brown/Blue - 15A
Aux 3 - Gray/Yellow - 10A
Aux 4 - Green/Yellow - 10A
Aux 5 - Brown/White - 5A
Aux 6 - Green/Orange - 5A

Remember, the engine needs to be running in order for your upfitter switches to work. Hopefully this saves someone some time.

Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I had a couple of questions in Private messaging so I thought I would post this here.

There are two sets of wires under the engine compartment on the passenger side, just to the rear of the battery, near all of the connections passing through into the cabin. Mine were taped off to the other wire bundles.

Example: To connect the Baja Designs lights all you do is run the Red (hot) wires to the battery side wires and the Red/Black to the switch side wires.

You can use a wire nut to connect several together to a single upfitter switch connection.

AUX2 - Gray/Yellow - 15A
AUX4 - Brown/Blue - 10A
AUX5 - Gray/Orange - 5A

Remember, the engine needs to be running in order for your upfitter switches to work. Hopefully this saves someone some time.

Thanks for sharing HK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just to clarify, are you getting your "hot" directly from the battery or is there another bundle?

Last edited:

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just to clarify, are you getting your "hot" directly from the battery or is there another bundle?

the hot is from the switch. if you want it off the battery then you need to install a relay and just use the switch to trigger the relay.

if you take the two bundles under the hood and connect the 2 that are the same colors then it allows you to use the ones that are located in the interior footwell.

ive already used 2 switches. these things are the best idea ford has had for helping those people that mod their trucks. they make adding lighting so easy. 1 wire hook up is sweet.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AUX2 - Gray/Yellow - 15A
AUX4 - Brown/Blue - 10A
AUX5 - Gray/Orange - 5A

Ok so Im a little slow so please bear with me...I ordered two 15 inch LED light bars that Im going to mount behind my grill. I planned to either run then both off Aux1 or Aux 1 and 2. Im not sure I 100% understand how to wire this. Do I take the wires coming from the LEDs and just go to the two wires from each Aux? Is that it?

Dartv8r

Reaction score
Ok so Im a little slow so please bear with me...I ordered two 15 inch LED light bars that Im going to mount behind my grill. I planned to either run then both off Aux1 or Aux 1 and 2. Im not sure I 100% understand how to wire this. Do I take the wires coming from the LEDs and just go to the two wires from each Aux? Is that it?

That is it!

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is not how it works. Where is your ground? the one set is simply pass through wires back into the cab. The so called 'hot' side is controlled by the upfitter switch through a relay.

Raptor Supplement to that Owner's Manual thing, page 44:

AUXILIARY SWITCHES
The auxiliary switchboard on the overhead console makes aftermarket customization easier, with six prewired switches attached to the power distribution box for electrical accessories.

These switches are labeled AUX 1, AUX 2, AUX 3, AUX 4, AUX 5 and AUX 6.

They will only operate while the ignition is in the on position, whether the engine is running or not. It is, however, recommended that the engine remain running to maintain a battery charge when using the switches for an extended duration or higher current draws.

When switched on by the operator they provide electrical battery power for a variety of uses. The switches control relays and fuses that are under the hood in the power distribution box.

The Aux switch powered circuits are found as blunt-cut sealed wires, located by the power distribution box.

There will also be one Aux Switch pass through circuit for each switch found as a wire located to the right of the glove box door and just above the passenger-side kick panel. You may need to pull down the auxiliary cords to access them. Refer to the Fuses chapter of your Owner’s Manual for information on fuse and relay locations.

See your authorized dealer for service. Additional pass through circuits that run through the dash panel and under the hood, are located in the same location.

F-150 (TFC) Canada/United States of America, enUSA, First Printing

Accessories
The relays are coded as follows:
Fuse Wire color Circuit number Switch
15A Green/Blue CBB47A AUX 1
15A Gray/Yellow CBB48A AUX 2
10A Violet/Orange CBB94 AUX 3
10A Brown/Blue CBB96 AUX 4
5A Gray/Orange CBB98A AUX 5
5A Yellow/Violet CBBA0B AUX 6