Winter driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Should I get my truck under coated if I'm going to drive it in the snow? They pretreat the roads with a chemical and they use road salt for the roads where I live. I'm worried about rust and corrosion and looking to prevent it from happening.

Tretiak30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out ziebart, that’s who did mine for $500 but that cost was through the dealer at purchase. It’s good stuff, but I don’t drive the truck in the winter, I did it just because it can’t hurt to protect it some more. And as for your forscan post, I’m not far from you at all, I’d be happy to help if you need it, I just did some changes to mine over the weekend.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run my truck through a wash on a regular basis. See if they have a local carwash that can fit the Raptor and if they have unlimited monthly memberships. Cost me $87 month for my wife's 2017 BMW 540 and my Screw. Great deal no hassle. Rust will win if you let the salt sit for weeks on your truck.

OP
OP
Michelleandrews

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Thank you for the help. Also are you sure it wouldn't be a problem programming my truck with the forscan? How much would it cost for you to do it?

Last edited:

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run my truck through a wash on a regular basis. See if they have a local carwash that can fit the Raptor and if they have unlimited monthly memberships. Cost me $87 month for my wife's 2017 BMW 540 and my Screw. Great deal no hassle. Rust will win if you let the salt sit for weeks on your truck.

I would be all over an unlimited wash membership, but alas there are none within 70 miles of my house. I just pay every time I go. The problem up here is none of the car washes can operate when the temps drop below zero. The garage doors that are needed to keep the wash from freezing up feeeze to the ground and will not open. It’s been below zero here all week so none of the washes are open. That’s the problem, and it sucks driving a new vehicle around looking like a damn salt lick!

Tretiak30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the help. Also are you sure it wouldn't be a problem programming my truck with the forscan? How much would it cost for you to do it? Btw I'm in Madison.

We work for beer, haha. Shouldn’t be any issues if done correctly. You are just changing settings that are already in the computer from Ford, just Ford picks and chooses which they want on or off.

I’m near Strongsville, feel free to come down my way on a weekend and we can get it done