GEN 2 Winter Donuts Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdubs

Reaction score
A few weeks back I did some donuts in a parking lot with a fresh layer of snow on it. I was in 4A with the traction and advanced trac turned off. Mid donut the dashboard started beeping at me and told me to Service advance trac, hill decent fault, and traction control fault. I parked the truck and when I got back in a few hours later everything was fine and there were no errors on the dash.

I did donuts last week and had no issues.

This morning I did them again and the same errors came up. I’m not a mechanic but I wouldn’t guess these errors were normal.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have a wiring harness issue. Some owners have reported a burned harness on the exhaust that has exposed wires and grounded them out, and some have reported wear through the harness somewhere near the brake booster. You might have an exposed wire somewhere that is grounding out when you load the truck up during the spins. Of course, all just a guess, but sounds plausible.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done donuts in 4a, no light show on my dash. I do agree with previous post, 2wd, traction off, and let er rip

OP
OP
bdubs

bdubs

Reaction score
If I could figure out how to post a video you would see why 4 wheel drive donuts, or donuts in 4A, are best.

Anyone know how?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Figured it out. I think.

https://youtu.be/29LFfZ0-ng8

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had 18 inches of snow Thursday. Today I went searching for a donut palace and found it. An Insurance company recently closed their customer service center in our neighborhood. I pulled in and saw a plow crew about ready to clear the lot. Did a donut and saw them giving me the thumbs up! I asked them if there were any curbs to watch out for. They advised... light poles were the only hazard.
I had 10 acres of fresh, untracked, light, fluffy powder all to myself.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want donuts, go to Dunkin’, Krispy Kreme or Timmy Ho’s haha

I’ve done donuts in 4A, 2H and 4H. Depends on depth of snow. 4 wheels better for deep snow and less damage on drivetrain.

2H for work parking lot.