Window tint scratches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmayeux

Reaction score
Hi all - has anyone who's tinted their fronts noticed short vertical scratches developing along the length of the top of the windows? I had my windows tinted a few weeks ago and have developed a comb-like pattern of short scratches all along the windows where they enter the rubber strip at the top.

Curious if the tint I got is just more prone to scratching or if there's something unusual about that strip. I can't feel anything abrasive in there.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all - has anyone who's tinted their fronts noticed short vertical scratches developing along the length of the top of the windows? I had my windows tinted a few weeks ago and have developed a comb-like pattern of short scratches all along the windows where they enter the rubber strip at the top.

Curious if the tint I got is just more prone to scratching or if there's something unusual about that strip. I can't feel anything abrasive in there.

I got mine done last week and haven't noticed anything yet. What product did you go with?

OP
OP
K

Kmayeux

Reaction score
I think it was a mid-grade 3M, non-metallic. The short vertical scratches are along the entire top edge of both windows now, so it must be crap tint material. I can’t feel any grit or other abrasive material in the rubber seals. Weird. I’ll take it to a different tint place and get it re-done with something different.

I got mine done last week and haven't noticed anything yet. What product did you go with?