Window one-touch up/down swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

x-ray

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the window switches in the drivers door for the rear two windows out for the one-touch up and down switches that control the front windows?

I find it totally baffling that Ford would include only the front two windows. It's not like people decided to just put the front windows down and leave the rears up. The cost difference couldn't be more than about $5... (cheap asses)

If you think it can be done, anyone have a part number?

X

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the window switches in the drivers door for the rear two windows out for the one-touch up and down switches that control the front windows?

I find it totally baffling that Ford would include only the front two windows. It's not like people decided to just put the front windows down and leave the rears up. The cost difference couldn't be more than about $5... (cheap asses)

X

Not sure its Ford being cheap (Maybe) think its more of a safety issue of not wanting drivers to inadvertently roll up the window on children who may have appendages hanging out. Have not looked, so do not know if its possible to change out.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure its Ford being cheap (Maybe) think its more of a safety issue of not wanting drivers to inadvertently roll up the window on children who may have appendages hanging out. Have not looked, so do not know if its possible to change out.
The window motors still stop if there is an obstruction, so it's not a safety issue. The Ford Focus does all 4.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

X

I was just researching this yesterday, and did not find an answer. we need to see if the switches are individual units or a combined / cluster. I found swaps threads for older trucks, pre ’15, but not for newer models.

OP
OP
x-ray

x-ray

Reaction score
I was just researching this yesterday, and did not find an answer. we need to see if the switches are individual units or a combined / cluster. I found swaps threads for older trucks, pre ’15, but not for newer models.

My dealer parts dept was marginally helpful. He said he thought it was all one part.

Either part number: FL3X14529CB or HL3Z14529CA

x