Will Ford up the ante after the Rebel’s TRX launch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the cat is out of the bag.

Ram is releasing a TRX hellcat powered Raptor competitor in 2020 for 2021. They are also releasing a naturally aspirated 7 liter V8 per the rumor.

Will Ford answer the call and compete or will they let Dodge rain on their parade?

I’ll be honest.... a 6.2L supercharged Hellcat Pickup truck with lux interior is enough to make me bail on my Raptor.

Heck... I’m not sure I want to put more money in mine now. :)

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the cat is out of the bag.

Ram is releasing a TRX hellcat powered Raptor competitor in 2020 for 2021. They are also releasing a naturally aspirated 7 liter V8 per the rumor.

Will Ford answer the call and compete or will they let Dodge rain on their parade?

I’ll be honest.... a 6.2L supercharged Hellcat Pickup truck with lux interior is enough to make me bail on my Raptor.

Heck... I’m not sure I want to put more money in mine now. :)

What are the numbers? Thats how I would compare two models.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This an official launch by dodge?
Also I see the hellcat engine being like 90k+ like the trailhawk
Hopefully this new TRX doesn’t cause ford to want to raise their price of Ram puts a high tag on it and still manages to sell these vehicles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
707 horsepower with 600 to the wheels.

I’m pretty sure it can handle the weight.

Throw in a tune and you’ve got ridunkulous power in a pickup.

Sign me up.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the above link reads.

Supercharged 6.2-Liter HEMI® V8 Engine
With 575 horsepower, the Ram 1500 Rebel® TRX will be the most powerful factory-engineered half-ton pickup ever to be made—capable of tearing up the pavement at speeds greater than 100 mph

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This an official launch by dodge?
Also I see the hellcat engine being like 90k+ like the trailhawk
Hopefully this new TRX doesn’t cause ford to want to raise their price of Ram puts a high tag on it and still manages to sell these vehicles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodge is also pretty hard on dealers who add on charges or ADM sell the Hellcats.

We’ll see how it does when it gets closer. We all know the 3.5TT has room for more power, even running on 87.

Competition is good. let’s see where things go. it’s Vaporware right now.

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's too ugly for me to ever be interested in but I hope they build it. The Raptor needs some competition. I hope Dodge, Chevy, Toyota and Nissan all release factory built pre-runner inspired trucks.