Will Ford drop the v8 in the Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yes. However I am not able to discuss them...

download.php

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to ask MGD.

He has inside info about this and has been stating that "its coming soon", since 2016.

I agree, he (MGD) by far has all the info you need to know about the Gen2 , the V8, Brighter tail lights, where to drill the (Weep Hole) , where, and how to buy for under invoice, 10 speed transmission issues and fixes, can not remember them all.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any dirty rumors about Ford dropping a boosted v8 in a Raptor?

Ford could put the newly announced GT500's 700hp, supercharged V8 into it, but I doubt many buyers would pay the extra $10k - $20k for the upgrade and be stuck with 8mpg highway. V6TT would still be the most popular engine option.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, he (MGD) by far has all the info you need to know about the Gen2 , the V8, Brighter tail lights, where to drill the (Weep Hole) , where, and how to buy for under invoice, 10 speed transmission issues and fixes, can not remember them all.

Brighter tail lights?

The non BLIS tail lights are bright as ****. At least that's what everyone tells me behind my truck.

whan

Reaction score
Doubt it if only from a corporate strategy standpoint. Think Ford is really trying to push the boosted 4/6s in their overall lineup. Especially given the Ford GT flagship is a V6 TT and the Mustang ecoboost is considered a step up from the NA V6.

Think the other perspective is that not sure if another motor option is needed. The OG 5.4 had some complaints (though not sure if really warranted) about not enough power, hence the 6.2. Haven't really seen many complain about the actual power stats of the 3.5 TT

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They're saving the mysterious 7.0 for the new Raptor Ranger. It's also gonna be linked, center mounted control arms. Travel is said to be somewhere around 2-3 feet.

In all seriousness they should offer slightly less expensive Raptor with the 5.0. It would save a lot of complaining and arguments on here. But what's the fun in that?