Will any Gen2 parts fit a Gen1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this lately after seeing the Blue 2017 Raptor at the Phoeinx Open. I'd really like to get the 2017 rear bumper and the 2017 Stock shocks (if they are indeed an upgrade) on my Gen 1. I love the rear bumper and exhaust on the 2017 and would love to duplicate that on my 2013. if the stock shock are better, I know they are 3.0's, I'm sure there will be abundant take offs around here, and it could be an inexpensive upgrade.

What are everyone thoughts?

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rear bumper might be difficult given the new hitch/rear tow hook setup, so mounting points might be different. But like Kaiser said, really won't know until people get their hands on them.

OP
OP
602Raptor

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the front shock mounts on the 2015+ F150 the same as the 2014- ? I know the rear shocks are positioned differently.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:signs75:

The Ecoboost will fit for sure.

But what about the fake Gen 2 exhaust sounds? How do you get those piped in to the Gen 1 sound system?

:lol:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thought about it some more and realized completing the full "powertrain" (meaning the engine, the fake engine sounds, and the transmission) will probably be more difficult than just figuring out how to recreate the fake engine sounds. Might also be difficult to make the new 10 speed work.

To recreate the same effect, though, you'll just need to occasionally reach down and force your 6 speed into the wrong gear.

:lol2: