Will the 2018 Raptor get new style key and LED license plate lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cabinetman

Reaction score
I'm new here having just placed and order for a 2018 Raptor. Previously I owned a '16 F150 Platinum and I currently drive a '17 F250 Lariat Ultimate PSD. My F250 came from the factory with LED lights for the license plate and it is my understanding that the regular '18 F150s will get this update as well. Do you think this will roll over to the '18 Raptor? Also, my F250 has a better, but slightly larger, key fob in which you can actually remove the physical key without taking the back off of the fob. Will the '18 Raptor get this newer style fob? I appreciate any insight that can be provided.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new here having just placed and order for a 2018 Raptor. Previously I owned a '16 F150 Platinum and I currently drive a '17 F250 Lariat Ultimate PSD. My F250 came from the factory with LED lights for the license plate and it is my understanding that the regular '18 F150s will get this update as well. Do you think this will roll over to the '18 Raptor? Also, my F250 has a better, but slightly larger, key fob in which you can actually remove the physical key without taking the back off of the fob. Will the '18 Raptor get this newer style fob? I appreciate any insight that can be provided.

Not sure on the key but LED bulbs will run you $15 or less so I would not get too caught up on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Cabinetman

Reaction score
Not sure on the key but LED bulbs will run you $15 or less so I would not get too caught up on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LED bulbs are not a huge deal to me. I swapped out the bulbs to LED in my '16 F150 as have on many other vehicles in the past. I was just curious because I didn't want to buy bulbs I won't end up using.

HellFish

Reaction score
The LED bulbs are not a huge deal to me. I swapped out the bulbs to LED in my '16 F150 as have on many other vehicles in the past. I was just curious because I didn't want to buy bulbs I won't end up using.

Someone's got Raptor Fever!:biggrin: