FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor (http://www.fordraptorforum.com/forum.php)
-   Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] (http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/)
-   -   Wierd Buzz Noise and Vibration (http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/wierd-buzz-noise-vibration-57417/)

lightman02 09-22-2017 07:54 AM

Wierd Buzz Noise and Vibration
 
Took my truck out last night and was with a friend, stopped at a light and we both noticed a weird vibration on and off noise that sounded like an electric motor running. The only thing I can compare the sound heard inside the truck is to a central AC unit fan ( Buzzz, Buzzz, Buzzzz) Didn't hear or feel it again until I got back to my driveway, got out of the truck with it running to check. It sounds like it's coming from the lower front, you can hear it but it's not overwhelming at all. Keep in mind the engine RPM's don't fluctuate and it doesn't seem like it's coming from the engine itself. The AC or any climate functions were not on all, so it's not related to that. I know I'm under warranty, just wondering if anyone had similar issues. Sounds like it's coming from lower the main radiator fans. We do have separate intercooler fans, correct?

smurfslayer 09-22-2017 02:30 PM

Iíll bet itís either the radiator or i/c fans.

April Raptor Assault truck number 9 had a rather loud, cyclical humming noise, troubleshot as the fans.

K1llD4shN1n3 09-22-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smurfslayer (Post 1200833)
Iíll bet itís either the radiator or i/c fans.



April Raptor Assault truck number 9 had a rather loud, cyclical humming noise, troubleshot as the fans.



I was in truck 9 too and I remember that noise. Was pretty loud but seemed obvious it was the fans.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lightman02 09-23-2017 12:59 PM

Thanks for the input, I'll keep an eye on it, of course I haven't heard it again since that night.

WhatExit? 09-23-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightman02 (Post 1201123)
Thanks for the input, I'll keep an eye on it, of course I haven't heard it again since that night.

Take it to the dealership's service department - you'll be sure never to hear it there! :ROFLJest:

lightman02 09-28-2017 03:26 PM

Just an update on this, it was the intercooler fans. They are held in with rubber mounts between two plates, there is no bolts so whole thing kind of floats. When I cleaned my truck from off-roading the dirt must have gotten pushed through onto intercooler fins onto the fans, dried and threw the whole thing off balance. A nice direct cleaning to the fans with a garden hose got rid of the dirt and seems to have solved the issue. Good thing is that this can be done with the skid plate on.

RenegadeReady 03-09-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightman02 (Post 1202667)
Just an update on this, it was the intercooler fans. They are held in with rubber mounts between two plates, there is no bolts so whole thing kind of floats. When I cleaned my truck from off-roading the dirt must have gotten pushed through onto intercooler fins onto the fans, dried and threw the whole thing off balance. A nice direct cleaning to the fans with a garden hose got rid of the dirt and seems to have solved the issue. Good thing is that this can be done with the skid plate on.


Thanks. I was having the problem for about two months, I took my truck to the dealer and they couldnít find what was wrong. I read your thread and sprayed my intercooler, once I did that the problem stopped.

RenegadeReady 03-12-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeReady (Post 1251348)
Thanks. I was having the problem for about two months, I took my truck to the dealer and they couldnít find what was wrong. I read your thread and sprayed my intercooler, once I did that the problem stopped.


Quick update. So spraying where the intercooler is located did help, and my raptor didnít experience any vibration for about a week. My raptor had small episode this past weekend but since then the symptoms have been absent. I took my Raptor to Ford Monday the 12th 2018 but they were on able to find any issues with my truck for the second time being at the dealer for the same issue. According to them my truck is running fine... fusterating 🙃 I guess you canít take a off road truck off roading 😡 lol

Robtor310 03-13-2018 10:41 AM

My truck at the Raptor Assault (#16) did the same thing. Mud on the fans, no biggie.

Toadster 04-05-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robtor310 (Post 1252315)
My truck at the Raptor Assault (#16) did the same thing. Mud on the fans, no biggie.

yup common issue with lots of dirt/mud getting into the fans...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vB.Sponsors
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger