White smoke out of right exhaust, slow acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I could see that happening too. It's just hard to imagine water causing damage because of the placement and routing of the intake system.

Betting that the "puddle" was very wide and hit at a high speed. May have only been 18" deep but if it was wide and the speed was high enough the water is going to roll up onto the hood.

An 18" deep puddle that is 4ft across hit at any speed isn't going to be an issue. An 18" deep puddle that is 20ft+ across could cause an issue depending on the speed.

Just my theory.

With the amount of gunk in the airbox it had to either be a wide crossing or there were repeated passes back and forth.

Correct way for a water crossing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBkQ29Tmpk

Incorrect way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HciF0-FcvL0

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends what is on top of the air filter, the bottom half of the air filter assembly has drain holes in case you do get water into it. You could soak the filter, warp it, but if nothing makes it past, it won't matter.

To the OP--how much mud was in the tube leading into the engine from the top of the filter? If there is no stains as shown in the bottom half of the assembly, the answer is no water made it through the engine.

OP
OP
R

rpunya

Reaction score
There was mud in the tubing, but spots and blips. There wasn't a whole lot, not enough to cause damage for a month I suppose.

I get that it's water damage, but what gets me is why it took one month. I've heard more stories of people ruining their car immediately once water got in. My air filter or intake never made loud sounds or showed any warning signs. Just one day, kaput.

One month is what's getting me. Why did nothing happen for that long?

And yeah the red glow are wheel lights.