White smoke out of right exhaust, slow acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He posted some photos on FB. Looks like he force fed the airbox a bunch of water/mud.

Yep. Ingested a bunch of water and vapor locked his motor/turbos etc is what it seems like. On FB they were 2 foot puddles, now they are 3 feet. I feel bad but damn, people trash their trucks then wonder what why they break.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Found the FB photo. Looks to me like deep water at a very high speed. Water velocity high enough to fold the filter.

12986-flooded-raptor.jpg

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
- Drives through a 3' "puddle"
- Rusted air filter
- Makes no power and billowing out white smoke

Comes to the forum and asks for "thoughts" on what may have happened.

I'm just waiting for this guy to post something like

"hi guys, my Raptor said 0 miles to empty but it kept driving fine. It suddenly stalled and won't start again. Any thoughts on what may have happened?"

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Ingested a bunch of water and vapor locked his motor/turbos etc is what it seems like. On FB they were 2 foot puddles, now they are 3 feet. I feel bad but damn, people trash their trucks then wonder what why they break.

Can this happen just as easily on a Gen 1 with the 6.2?

machtig

Reaction score
Sounds like a significant amount of water made it to the engine and seriously damaged it (blown head gasket, bent rods, destroyed turbo?). Also appears to be the result of abuse. Good luck getting Ford to warranty it. It's going to be expensive for you. Maybe insurance will help out.