Wheel scratched at local tire shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Took my wheel in to a local tire shop(tread quarters) to have a minor flat repaired. They where kind enough to install a 5-6" scratch free of charge. Any of you guys had any luck getting a rim replaced due to damage installed by tire shop? I spoke to their insurance company via phone and it seems to me they are leaning towards a "wheel repair" rather than "replacement"........

Attachments

• IMG_6031.jpg
    IMG_6031.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6032.jpg
    IMG_6032.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 92

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Took my wheel in to a local tire shop(tread quarters) to have a minor flat repaired. They where kind enough to install a 5-6" scratch free of charge. Any of you guys had any luck getting a rim replaced due to damage installed by tire shop? I spoke to their insurance company via phone and it seems to me they are leaning towards a "wheel repair" rather than "replacement"........

I'd make the shop replace it. They messed it up. Worst case scenario you just use the spare wheel. It is a matching spare on these trucks.

Two Dogs

Reaction score
I have had some repaired and some replaced. I don't think that is reparable. I would let their repair people look at it and go from there.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a repair job. I wouldn't replace it if I was the shop or insurance company either. Asking for a replacement for that kind of scratch is unreasonable IMO. I'd just let you vent on forums and spend money on a lawyer if you were so inclined.

Now if they can't repair it, that's another matter.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have them repair it, if you are not satisfied with the result then have them replace it?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Nothing like that, but I did have Discount tire strip out my beauty ring bolts on my KMC wheels. I like em better without the rings so I didn't even press the issue, but I guess I could have made them buy me some new bolts.

I agree, let them try to make it right their way first, if you aren't happy continue to press.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score