Wheel balance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdensen

Reaction score
Bought a 2017 that was on the lot for a while have beadloc rims ford dealer cant seem to get balance right have shake above 60 been to another tire shop no better anyone else having sterring wheel shake from bad balance Going to try a off raod tire store maybe they can get it right

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the tires stock? Also could one of the rims be bent? Maybe a beadlock ring isn't set right? Does it happen under a certain amount of power or just generally over 60?

A shake could be a lot of different issues albiet most balance related

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Doogy

Reaction score
Does it happen when you get over towards the line in the road. Could be the lane assist vibrating the wheel. I assume that this was available on the 17. I know that it does it on the 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also did you check the psi in all tires? Follow the guidelines in the driver's door sill. Ignore the dealer psi. Our 18 was a bit jumpy with higher psi

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
38psi, road force balance did the trick for me. If it still shakes you got other issues.

The fact that your Ford dealer cant get it right isnt acceptable. Is it not under warranty?

Like he said, get the road force balance . It'll tell you if the tire or wheel is out of round. BFG's are a lot better than they used to be but you'll still find some bad ones every once in a while.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it happen when you get over towards the line in the road. Could be the lane assist vibrating the wheel. I assume that this was available on the 17. I know that it does it on the 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the 2017's have that option available.

And FYI, you can change it to where it doesn't vibrate, it only makes the correction.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like he said, get the road force balance . It'll tell you if the tire or wheel is out of round. BFG's are a lot better than they used to be but you'll still find some bad ones every once in a while.

I had the same issue and had my tires road force balanced. One of the tires was so bad it had to be replaced under warranty. Problem fixed!!!!