Whats with dealers only having 802a raptors and not more base models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick610s

Reaction score
So when I was searching for a truck, All I could find were 802a package raptors just sitting on lots because 70K msrp.

I ended up ordering an 800a supercab, leadfoot, with front limited slip. I don't feel I needed the extras, and well, im a DIY'er so I can upgrade stereo components and such later. And I will be taking my truck offroad at least once a month.

So my question is, are the majority of raptor buyers buying the 802a trucks? are they going to use them offroad or is it just a mean looking street dweller.

I get it 'merica and I do what I want. Im especially interested in the truck for its offroad abilities and have never really owned an offroad vehicle like this before.

flame on I guess. just thinking out loud. less than 30days and ill be posting photos of my new truck!

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Demand. There is a VERY small group of people that want base model SCABs. They have even worse resale value.

Hey sasquatch (aka Mcnawsty), how do you know the resale is bad? What used sales data do you have? Fact is, you dont have any troll.

And when is that new engine you been promising coming out?

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are dealer orders. They order what they think we’ll want....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basic math....dealers work on percentage. If it costs more then they make more. As long as there is high demand it's a no brainer.. a base truck would probably sell just as fast if not faster but they only get so many allocations based on volume , so in short they wanna make the most out of them.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most people desire a "fully loaded" option for the most part. I know I did and would rather have all that factory stuff included from the get go.

OP
OP
N

Nick610s

Reaction score
If you buy any car based off its resale value, then youre an idiot. Unless you have millions of dollars and can buy million dollar cars that increase in value as they get more rare. resale on raptors is sky high regardless. AN di don't plan on getting rid of this truck any time soon.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with "dealers make more money". The markup is 8% across the board on all the options. That means the dealer only pockets an additional $160 on a $2k Tech package. $160 is definitely not worth the risk of sitting on a $70k truck if it isn't what buyers want.

The real reason every truck is loaded to the gills is because of the ADMs. The guy who thinks nothing of dropping an extra $20k on a truck just so he can be the first on his block most definitely doesn't want to skimp on options to save a few bucks. If a guy is going to pay $20k over, he also wants to splurge on all the bells and whistles.

Glamisfan

Reaction score
Hey sasquatch (aka Mcnawsty), how do you know the resale is bad? What used sales data do you have? Fact is, you dont have any troll.

And when is that new engine you been promising coming out?

7 of your last 10 posts were you trolling..............So you really need to look in the mirror before crying troll.