What is the weird buzzing noise when the truck is stitting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear it occasionally. Truck is off and sitting and it will make a buzzing noise. Does it after you shut the doors as well. Anyone know? i asked once before, but cant find the post.

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is either the fuel pump or the system that handles the fuel vapor pressure.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the wastegate solenoid. Perfectly normal as long as it isn't too loud and doesn't last more than 30 seconds. You can duplicate it very easily. It will do it after power accessory power is cycles off. If you open the door, the parking lights come on and accessory power is activated. When they shut off you will hear it.

Here's an F250 with a faulty one that doesn't stop running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Rf0mdGUSE

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I's triggered by a power off event. Once the BCM shuts off the accessory power, it triggers the wastegate solenoid. When you open the door, the parking lights go on, After you shut the door, the parking lights go off after 30 seconds (or whatever time you have set in the vehicle settings). This triggers the power off event.