What weight dist hitch is everyone using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I have apparently a lot to learn when it comes to towing something properly. I was/am planning on towing various rented travel trailers and bass boats. So I will never know the exact tongue weight until I rent the item. Was hoping to just buy the "the biggest WD hitch" and call it a day...

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a ~4500lbs trailer w/ 450lbs tonque weight (Sherline scale).

No WD hitch usable on my Trailex aluminum trailer (racecar inside). Raptor ended up pretty level (.25" higher ground to wheel arch in front).

~2" drop in rear. Zero issues towing. 100x better than my old Suburban 2500.

Attachments

• raptortow.jpg
    raptortow.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 155

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Can you do a weight distribution hitch on a boat trailer? The long straight tongue may be a problem. Other trailer have a V shaped tongue allowing the weight to be spread side to side. Never seen one on a boat.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard great things about blue ox for heavier loads (4000-8000) and Andersen for medium duty weight (4000-6500). How much does your trailer weigh Geo. I've been torn between these two for quite some time.
Fully loaded it weighs about 4k. Regardless of weight stability, one of my favorite things is being able to back up and turn without all the poping sounds you would normally get with a wd system

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk