What is up with Ford.com "clear pricing"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poser999

Reaction score
Several 2018 Raptors in my area are listed on Fords site with a $4000-6000 discount. 3 local dealers responded after I expressed interest, all saying thats an error and the pricing is wrong. WTF?!

either Ford is making a lot of errors or the dealerships are failing to honor a discount. I don't quite understand how that can happen, especially considering this description of the clear pricing on the website:

"Ford is committed to providing you straightforward pricing for your new Ford up front before you head to the dealership. The deal you build with this tool will be Valid for Your Dealer."

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Several 2018 Raptors in my area are listed on Fords site with a $4000-6000 discount. 3 local dealers responded after I expressed interest, all saying thats an error and the pricing is wrong. WTF?!

either Ford is making a lot of errors or the dealerships are failing to honor a discount. I don't quite understand how that can happen, especially considering this description of the clear pricing on the website:

"Ford is committed to providing you straightforward pricing for your new Ford up front before you head to the dealership. The deal you build with this tool will be Valid for Your Dealer."

Yea, most of the dealer pricing on the Raptor is total BS. I've seen shadier outfits claim MSRP is $85k and then they offer a $5k discount on that. Yeah $5k under MSRP my ass.

When I bought my truck I didn't even bother contacting dealers with obviously deceptive practices like inflated "MSRP" or refusing to list their asking price. Not worth the runaround. And then like you found, half the guys with an MSRP asking price would backtrack after I called and say that was a mistake it is really going for $15k over.

Good deals are out there, but you have to climb through a lot of crap to find them.

OP
OP
poser999

poser999

Reaction score
I just don't understand how the official Ford website can have such "mistakes" on pricing. All the fine print guarantees the price is the price. The whole point is to make the purchase process easier.

This has actually made it worse, as I was planning to go buy the damn thing today. Good thing I called again and asked the internet sales guy to verify with sales manager first.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks, but not surprising at all. IF the dealers are getting incentives from Ford to sell the raptors, they sure as hell are not passing them along to the end customers.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I just don't understand how the official Ford website can have such "mistakes" on pricing. All the fine print guarantees the price is the price. The whole point is to make the purchase process easier.

This has actually made it worse, as I was planning to go buy the damn thing today. Good thing I called again and asked the internet sales guy to verify with sales manager first.

Easy answer - same practice that went on with the 3.5 ecoboost engine design!