What ply for new tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ply of tires do you guys recommend for new tires? I was told a 10 ply tire made a guys raptor feel more planted on road when hitting small pot holes and stuff. Just figure I would ask others

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really? "10 ply tires make the truck feel more planted on the road when hitting small pot holes and stuff."

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I thought too, but I drove the raptor with 10 ply tires and it did drive better than mine with stock tires

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you must be talking about “E” rated tires and not the number of plies in the tire. But if you want plies and a great ride over small potholes, you can save a few bucks and just put a few layers/plies of duct tape on the sidewalls of the Raptor’s stock balloons/tires and even go for a 20+ ply!!!

Just kidding…the Raptor isn’t designed to tow a bunch, and “E” rated tires are for high PSI pressure and towing something heavy in my opinion. But what do I know though since I spent all my “boat” money I’ve been saving up on my 2018 Raptor. Doesn’t look like I’m ever going to own a boat, but that is O.K. HAHA!

I'll just continue to go out on other people's boats!!!

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like it could benefit from either a stiffer tire or maybe when I level the front it will stiffen it up some. It just feels alittle .. well hard to describe like the truck is real heavy and sometimes going down the road it feels floaty or riding a cloud lol I can’t describe it.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like it could benefit from either a stiffer tire or maybe when I level the front it will stiffen it up some. It just feels alittle .. well hard to describe like the truck is real heavy and sometimes going down the road it feels floaty or riding a cloud lol I can’t describe it.

That's the suspension, not the tires...now you need to find the nearest off road adventure and appreciate it.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cut a sidewall piece out of a c rated and e rated tire. Tell me what the difference is. Work with your pressure