GEN 2 What is the Key Switch for near the tow hitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Category: Raptor Trivia for $500

dropdown_about.jpg

"And the answer is: Ford Part Number 43262."

ct-jeopardy-recap-seth-wilson-20160930.png
"What is the Key Switch for near the tow hitch?"

e44-b5cc-4886-9346-506c5996afc5-large16x9_Jeopardy.jpg

And another win!

D

Deleted member 12951

Probably need to include how to get the jack out since its somewhat hidden with the extension and putting the rods together. Trust me, I've had to show someone who has never had to get to their spare tire before.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've always been a supporter of the phrase "The only dumb question is the one not asked"...
Until now.

Seriously? People don't know how to access their spare, but they buy a $70K+ truck?

I quit.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been a supporter of the phrase "The only dumb question is the one not asked"...
Until now.

Seriously? People don't know how to access their spare, but they buy a $70K+ truck?

I quit.
You do realize most of the replies on this thread are in jest, right?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to co-opt this older thread and ask a serious question. Serious. We all know that Ford dropped the automotive engineering bowling ball on their feet when they "designed" the spare tire "lock." It's hard to unlock, hard to replace and lock, and since it's embedded in plastic it's not much of a deterrent to theft anyway. So the obvious question is:

Is there an improved aftermarket lock available for F150s?

I've cruised the usual suspect vendors here on FRF and come up snake eyes. Googled it, too. Nothing useful there. It seems obvious that whoever came up with a solution would make a killing with the millions of F150s out there. So obvious that somebody has bound to have already done it. WHO???

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What irritates me the most is that I need to keep that "key" in my Raptor just in case I need to access/use the spare tire.

As for finding a replacement lock to improve security, seems to me that if someone really wants to steal your spare tire they could go underneath the truck and cut the cable with a bolt cutter.

Oh and...

rtfmtractor.jpg

rtfm-aint-nobody-got-time-fo-dat.jpg

Last edited: