GEN 2 What is the Key Switch for near the tow hitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MKomertz

Reaction score
There is a key cover and a key Hole near the Tow hitch on the bumper..does anyone know what this is for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to go off topic, but what is this key hole for? i searched the owners manual and got nothing. thanks in advance for your courteous replies

free image hosting

If you have a gen II it's the self destruct switch for the transmission.
(not starting a flame war, just being a smart ass)

For Gen I it's what causes parts to appear on your ft porch and your wallet to spontaneously empty.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, Those slots are the man-card dispensers. When you jump they come out like skee-ball, one for each passenger.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a gen II it's the self destruct switch for the transmission.
(not starting a flame war, just being a smart ass)

For Gen I it's what causes parts to appear on your ft porch and your wallet to spontaneously empty.
i haven't seen one of those in 10 years. thanks for the memories. kids growing up today won't know what that is. it will be funny.. its like a floppy disk or ****** hair . just doesnt exist anymore :crazy:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go fly a kite.

You might consider page 378 in your F-150 Owner's Manual. It says, "The spare tire is located under the vehicle, just forward of the rear bumper. 1. Use your key to remove the lock cylinder from the access hole of the bumper to allow access to the guide tube."

You earned it.

NOW I've earned it.

Enjoy your truck.