GEN 2 What integrated Radar and Laser detector/ Diffuser?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have heard good things about ALP, but I have also heard that it doesn't upgrade firmware very well to adapt to changes in tech, and also that it isn't compatible with Waze or other crowd-sourced traffic and navigation apps. Any truth to that?

And more importantly, how is everything mounted?

Last edited:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard good things about ALP, but I have also heard that it doesn't upgrade firmware very well to adapt to changes in tech, and also that it isn't compatible with Waze or other crowd-sourced traffic and navigation apps. Any truth to that?

I'm not sure at all about the first point, as it's the only setup that can jam the hardest gun - dragoneye

Waze and app integration - I don't want integration. I have two systems, Waze on my phone and the ALP hard wired. I wouldn't want a Waze police report to come "thru" ALP, since ALP alerts carry far more weight than Waze reports. I like knowing the source of my warning.

Setup - well that's the art of it all. If you get serious, PM me.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FAR from the truth ALP is the exact opposite--they update when need be and I have had zero issues, I have a 5 head system for 4 years now and no issues...they are the only ones that can Jam everything out there. Tom and the crew are excellent, they keep constant updates when new threats are found!! No integration needed--Run the ALP as separate LASER jammer and then get you a nice radar detector, Uniden R3 the best W/S mounted radar detector available!

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FAR from the truth ALP is the exact opposite--they update when need be and I have had zero issues, I have a 5 head system for 4 years now and no issues...they are the only ones that can Jam everything out there. Tom and the crew are excellent, they keep constant updates when new threats are found!! No integration needed--Run the ALP as separate LASER jammer and then get you a nice radar detector, Uniden R3 the best W/S mounted radar detector available!

+1

ALP updates more than any other brand and is always at the forefront against dragoneye changes. The only think I didn't like about my ALP is the lack of a display.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1

ALP updates more than any other brand and is always at the forefront against dragoneye changes. The only think I didn't like about my ALP is the lack of a display.

I really dont miss a display, all you need is the HI-FI for it, do you have that?

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of like the dual led lights for the k40. Having something that indicates a front or rear hit is nice, but not strictly speaking mandatory.

tonymission

Reaction score
I've always ran 5-point ALP (with HIFI voice notification) and a Max360 for radar with blendmount/mirrortap. Nothing out there is better and more proven than ALP IMO.