What if anything should I be expecting from the dealer at this stage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given that the order banks for the 2018 Raptor are now open, and that I put a required $1,000 deposit down several months ago. Should I be getting a call from them after June 15th to let me know what is going to happen next.

I've called them on this question in the past but got a run around answer from a different sales person.
This is my 1st brand new vehicle so I'm not up on how it all works.

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scheduling will start on June 15th with build dates starting July 10th. That does not mean yours will get scheduled. A lot of factors at play. What number allocation are you for your dealer? How many allocations does your dealer receive?

For instance. If your dealer gets 12 allocations they will get roughly one pulled to be built each month. If you are #3 on the allocation list then your looking at 3 months longer before you even get scheduled. If your dealer only gets 4 allocations per year they receive 1 per quarter. Again if you are #3 then your looking at 9 months.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets say your dealer got 4 allocations for 2018 (they could have gotten 2 or 25 allocations in reality, I'm just using 4 for and example) and you are the first allocation or first person to give a deposit, then you'll be getting scheduled soon, but lets say you're the 4th person in line, you probably won't see your truck until this time next year. I would suggest asking your dealer how many allocations they have for 2018, and what number you are in line.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated, get the Dora. Then contact ford performance on FB. They will know more about production. Check fordraptorfinder.com and eventually your window sticker will show up on that site. Once you find it, go back to FB and then the dealer. That's what I did. Don't rely on them for updates because you'll get word the day it shows up at the showroom.

grkmec

Reaction score
Do you have a copy of your DORA? If not request it asap.

I got an e-mail from "[email protected]" with subject heading "Order Summary for Order T001".... Is that the same as a DORA ? It basically shows all the options I spec'd along with MSRP prices, etc. I was told I have the 1st of this dealers 2018 allocations...

OP
OP
D

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great info, guys and gals, I was to!d at the time I put the deposit down that I was the 2nd depositer. I think the dealership has 15 to 20 allocations of the Raptor.
With that said I might be delayed or put to the back of the line because I absolutely must have the beadlock wheels and the carbon fiber pkg. And the salesperson told me these two options are the most in demand from customers.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great info, guys and gals, I was to!d at the time I put the deposit down that I was the 2nd depositer. I think the dealership has 15 to 20 allocations of the Raptor.
With that said I might be delayed or put to the back of the line because I absolutely must have the beadlock wheels and the carbon fiber pkg. And the salesperson told me these two options are the most in demand from customers.

Yea, all bets are off if you want Beadlocks and CF.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dragonfly. Congrats on your first new vehicle. If you haven't gotten help from you dealer yet, try going directly to their inventory manager.

The IM places the orders and communicates with the Ford rep regarding availability, allocations and dates available. The inventory manager also decides what your priority is.

This is how my order process went, I hope that it helps you. I ordered my '18 on May 18 (with beadlocks, no CF). The IM gave me a VOC that same day, with a priority of 11 and 1st allocation for his 4 '18 Raptors. He never gave me a DORA, saying that he didn't use them. At this point I became skeptical since other guys were getting DORAs.

I sent him a status request on June 15. He came back that same day with a status of "pending" and the very next day with a VIN. I went to Ford Performance chat with the VIN and they gave me a build week of Jul 17.

So my skepticism is now gone. Hope this helps.

Last edited: