What is a fair price resale price for 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the NorCal dealers want minimum 5k. And like mentioned before it’s a deal!
Yep, 5k over IS msrp in cali (a good buy). HB ford has the same truck listed at over 100k before tax and license.
And buying out of state for msrp isn't worth it after you consider travel/shipping expense, time invested, risk, etc; the savings is relatively minimal.

Goflight2

Reaction score
I ended up making a deal today with a dealer out of state.
MSRP, free spray in bedliner, and they split the shipping cost with me.
All in all, you could say I got it for MSRP plus $500 for shipping. I’ll take that.

I’ll post pics once it gets here.

Beauf

Reaction score
I just saw a similarly optioned used '17 in Lightning Blue with just over 1600 miles at a Lexus dealer in NV. I am planning on putting in an order on an '18 or '19 in a few months, but figured I would see if I could get a deal that was worth buying that one right away.

By the time I finished my lunch at the place next door someone else was test driving it. I took look at it and was going to make an offer if the other guy didn't complete the sale. They just had "retail price" on the window, which appeared to be fairly consistent with MSRP for a loaded truck. I told the dealer there is a Ford dealer just up the street that sells their '18s at MSRP off the lot or on order (True), so there was no way anyone should pay in the 70's for a used '17. Long story short, the other guy bought it for $69,000.

There are a couple of MSRP dealers here, so the market is a little more buyer friendly than it is in Cali and you may be able to do a bit better, I would guess a little below MSRP.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, 5k over IS msrp in cali (a good buy). HB ford has the same truck listed at over 100k before tax and license.
And buying out of state for msrp isn't worth it after you consider travel/shipping expense, time invested, risk, etc; the savings is relatively minimal.

That is not a true story. If you can save $20k For a $300 plane ticket and 8-10 hours of driving it is totally worth it.

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not a true story. If you can save $20k For a $300 plane ticket and 8-10 hours of driving it is totally worth it.
I am talking about 5k over; 10-20k makes it a no brainer.
And I bet you'd be driving more than 8-10hrs because surrounding states have caught on.

VSTOLG4

Reaction score
saw one in Phoenix yesterday that had "0 above MSRP" written on the windshield in paint. Funny thing is I think it is a '17 they couldn't sell because it was $15k ADM. Last October I offered cash MSRP they said no. I flew to Texas that weekend using airline miles and drove one back @ MSRP for the cost of 1.5 tanks of gas.

sfzobie

Reaction score
I shipped my truck from Indiana to California, total cost was about $1550. So unless you find a dealer to sell you one for 2k or less in Northern California it’s totally worth buying out of state.

sbdave

Reaction score
I am talking about 5k over; 10-20k makes it a no brainer.
And I bet you'd be driving more than 8-10hrs because surrounding states have caught on.

I flew to Phoenix ($100 ticket) and purchased my new 2018 for $500 under MSRP and drove the 7 hours back to Santa Barbara. Saved over $5000... worth a days worth of time... I don't usually make $5000/day ($1.8 million per year), so this was worth it for me.

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I flew to Phoenix ($100 ticket) and purchased my new 2018 for $500 under MSRP and drove the 7 hours back to Santa Barbara. Saved over $5000... worth a days worth of time... I don't usually make $5000/day ($1.8 million per year), so this was worth it for me.
Don't you have to pay sales tax in AZ when you purchase and again in cali when you register?