What is a Fair Price - 2017 SCREW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a Raptor, and deciding between a used 2017, new 2018 or waiting on a 2019. I don't have a strong need to buy anything right away, but I really want to get one and am not sure I can hold out for a 2019.

I came across a local used Shadow Black 2017 with less than 10,000 miles that has pretty much the exact configuration I want except a tailgate step. The MSRP when new on the 2017 was $67,810. I've attached a cutout of the window sticker showing the options and MSRP. The current owner has also installed new Toyo 18" tires with Fuel Beast Wheels that look pretty sweet in the photos.

What would be a reasonable offer to make for this truck? Keep in mind that I live in a large metropolitan area, and there are at least a dozen Ford dealers within a 100 mile radius so plenty of competition. Some local dealers have brand new 2018 SCREWs on the lot similarly optioned (but not in Shadow Black) for $2,500 below MSRP.

I'd consider doing a used 2017 for $60k or less, but if I'm going to pay more than $60k I would rather just get a new 2018.

Attachments

• Window Sticker.jpg
    Window Sticker.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 63
D

Deleted member 12951

If you are not in a hurry and can get a 2019 for $2.5k less than MSRP, I would do that.

If you go for this 2017, get those factory wheels back and 17" tires and let the buyer keep those 18" Fuel and tires.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd consider doing a used 2017 for $60k or less, but if I'm going to pay more than $60k I would rather just get a new 2018.

Sounds like you answered your own question. Throw an offer out there and if it gets rejected, wait and buy new. The one thing about 2019 is it could come with a +/-$1k price increase. But it could have nicer shocks if any of the rumors are true.

OP
OP
S

sdorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you answered your own question. Throw an offer out there and if it gets rejected, wait and buy new. The one thing about 2019 is it could come with a +/-$1k price increase. But it could have nicer shocks if any of the rumors are true.

That is what I was thinking, throw it out there and see what happens.

If you are not in a hurry and can get a 2019 for $2.5k less than MSRP, I would do that.

If you go for this 2017, get those factory wheels back and 17" tires and let the buyer keep those 18" Fuel and tires.

I doubt dealers will be selling 2019s with a $2,500 discount right off the bat. I'm guessing they will initially start by asking for a premium, and the discounts won't come until this time next year depending on how many are sitting around on their lots.

I was a little worried about the wheels. They look good, but the OEM wheels were the 17" forged option which is the bead lock version, right? I would prefer to have those.

Last edited: