What ESP (Extended Service Plans) are others going with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am thinking I will keep this truck 8 years and 100,000 miles so considering one... I know they aren't designed to lose money but with many of the features (technology) of this truck I feel like it may provide piece of mind.

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on keeping the car long term and did purchase one especially being the first year of production and all the technology that can go bad later. I went online to get mine at a similar price as yours. I also paid a little extra to have exterior lights included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought mine used and got Mercury extended service pan through the credit union I financed it through. Easy people to deal with and I've already paid for it with an A/C compressor issue and 2 bad blend doors (2 different claims). Even the dealer said it was a good plan.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought mine used and got Mercury extended service pan through the credit union I financed it through. Easy people to deal with and I've already paid for it with an A/C compressor issue and 2 bad blend doors (2 different claims). Even the dealer said it was a good plan.

Y haven't you posted about these problems. Or did I miss them?

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Y haven't you posted about these problems. Or did I miss them?

I did on the blend door problem a while back. I think it was called something like Another F'ing blend door problem. Didnt on the A/C problem. It was a compressor that went out, but that usually means a condenser too. Saved me a lot using the Mercury ESP

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@JetDriver480. I went with the 7 years 100k on my 2011 and it was worth every penny I paid about the same in 2011. Rear window replaced defrost inop $1600, new headliner $1500, upper control arms $350, clock spring 2 times $? And now hopefully a weaping trans cooler line (in for it today). I don't normally buy these even on cars I keep for a long time and most of them don't get over 100k even if I keep them a long time. But this time buying a domestic car I thought it would be a good idea well it was. I would say buy it I will on my next Raptor.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would usually NEVER buy one of these but being a brand new model year and full of technology I think I am going to buy on this go-round. Thanks for the input.