Weather mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone used this much?

It about got my a$$ t ***** yesterday. Pulled to an intersection needing to turn left onto a 4 lane (in the snow BTW) and the lights at the intersection I was at were not working. The fast moving traffic lights were staying green. With one car in front of me that would not do anything but sit there I decided to go around. There was no traffic coming for about 100 yards so I decided to turn left anyway and the truck spun just a bit and then lost all power. I'm at half throttle and the truck is just sitting there not hardly moving. I guess in weather mode the nannies kick in and killed all power since the wheels spun. So here I am sitting in the frickin middle of the oncoming traffic wondering WTF!! I didn't want to floor it and God knows where I would have ended up. Luckily the power slowly came back and moved me out of the way. Kinda sucked when your not expecting it.
Here is another way to look at it!
>>> Kinda sucked when your not expecting it. <<<
Had it not cut power to the wheels, your ASS would've been grass, or you would've Soil your britches!
Spinning the wheels on a slick surface, the truck would've slid off into who know where, or did a Donut right where you were.
Again! That Truck saved your ASS!

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is another way to look at it!
>>> Kinda sucked when your not expecting it. <<<
Had it not cut power to the wheels, your ASS would've been grass, or you would've Soil your britches!
Spinning the wheels on a slick surface, the truck would've slid off into who know where, or did a Donut right where you were.
Again! That Truck saved your ASS!

Agreed, nothing more than a reckless driver blaming his equipment for his bad decisions.

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a law enforcement viewpoint, that's exactly how accidents happen and people get hurt. A little bit of patients and caution go a long way. Try and remember that you are not the only life at the intersection and that your actions could adversely affect others. This could include small children, the elderly, the under priviliged, white priviliged, pets and possibly an illegal immigrant. So, by merely making an illegal pass and left turn at the malfunctioning traffic light, you could have made your self public enemy #1 and ran for president in 2020. But...... thank the good Lord above you were driving a Ford Raptor in weather mode.

Really though, all jokes aside, be patient. It saves lives.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the weather mode alto here. Never had it cut power on me. It has been great formme to use. I had to get use to it though, I'm use to just having 4wd. It does have drive different then normal 4wd, but nothing like you have had. I would try it out again in some parking lots, and see if it acts weird again for you.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To facilitate peoples comprehension Ford should of called the mud and sand mode mud,sand, and snow. If there is pieces of pavement showing then use auto. People claim an abuse of auto mode will heat clutch and kick truck into 4 wd

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to me in 4a when I was out at my airport, all by myself, in the snow having a ton of fun. In 4a, the truck pushed the overlying snow out of the way when I nailed the throttle, one or more tires then encountered the underlying ice at WOT and the traction control kicked in and shut power off to the wheels. Again, Wide Open Throttle. Because I still wanted to play, I turned off the traction control and it never happened again. Be wary how hard and how fast you attempt to shoot out and around cars in front of you on snowy/icy roadways. Agreed...The nannies saved you from doing something really stupid, or at least saved you from the consequences of doing something really stupid.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
weather mode has been great in some heavy rain we've had. That said, if you get crazy it will cut power - one time I got cocky and turned off T/C, and floored it around a wet corner...slid a full lane over. Nobody was around, hence why I did it, but the system works well.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the throttle lag that comes in with weather mode. I find it better to just keep it in normal mode but turn the dial to 4A. Still has traction control and ABS and all that, but not the stupid lag associated with weather mode.

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a law enforcement viewpoint, that's exactly how accidents happen and people get hurt. A little bit of patients and caution go a long way. Try and remember that you are not the only life at the intersection and that your actions could adversely affect others. This could include small children, the elderly, the under priviliged, white priviliged, pets and possibly an illegal immigrant. So, by merely making an illegal pass and left turn at the malfunctioning traffic light, you could have made your self public enemy #1 and ran for president in 2020. But...... thank the good Lord above you were driving a Ford Raptor in weather mode. ����

Really though, all jokes aside, be patient. It saves lives.

>> This could include small children, the elderly, the under priviliged, white priviliged, pets and possibly an illegal immigrant. <<

If this is your idea of a JOKE, I find it to be in very poor taste!
I shudder to even try imagining your distinction of " Under Privilege and White Privilege "
Especially from someone who professed to be a " LAW ENFORCEMENT officer.