GEN 2 WAZE - does it work for you?

Does Waze work for you?

• Yes, I have Android Auto and Waze - what's the issue?

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No, I have Android Auto and Waze - why can't I be cool like my bretheren?

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes - I have Apple and Waze - only works in Ford App Mode

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Yes - I have Apple and Waze - and it works in CarPlay!

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No - I have Apple and Waze - not working in any mode :(

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
If you are using waze with android auto you can play music through your phone at the same time. I just did a trip to Nashville and back using waze and pandora the entire time. I have a google pixel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you getting Pandora to work with Waze? I haven't been able to figure that out.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waze works for me in car play but I have Android.

Car play in general is spotty and always kicks out several times during a long drive for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Mine came up this morning, after an overnight and following Toad’s instructions. It’s not immediate.

I haven’t experienced any lag issues others have seen but, I am new to waze and used to sync. Sync3 runs on “island time” :biggrin:

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tech that is working on the Waze integration for Ford flew with me yesterday. He told me that the official release will be in May.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Pixel 2 and can use Waze while using Android Auto, and it runs smoothly. Android Auto also runs fast. I can listen to Pandora, Spotify, and the Sync music (AM, FM, Sirius) while using Waze in AA. And it all runs fast... However, it is very buggy. Sometimes my phone calls get fuzzy/staticky, sometimes the radio will not go to AA when I plug the phone in, and sometimes it dumps me out of Android Auto while the phone is still plugged in. Also, sometimes my music coming through AA sounds terrible (low bitrate with no bass). I would say it works well about 75% of the time.

Last note, I was using OBD2AA for gauges on the screen from Torque, and CarStream to stream youtube videos to AA. It was awesome. The kids had music videos when they rode with me, and I had gauges when I wanted them. AA released version 3 (not Sync 3), and it broke the ability to stream video. Most people downgraded to V2.92 and turned off auto-updates, and it continued to work. Google however, pushed a backdoor update (hidden, forced update, that was not an AA update or an Android update), that stopped it all from working regardless of what version of AA you are running. Since that happened, the whole thing seems to be buggier. I was going to root my phone and install a different kernel and rom to see if it would fix it, but I haven't had much time.

Here is the video of when it was working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOIp0q2qz3U

bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will never work in carplay mode until apple says it can. And they likely never will. And FYI, Waze on the radio screen sucks donkey dung. It's slow and crappy...

It will be compatible with iOS 12.

My question is can Waze and Sirius be used at the same time and not have Sync switch off sat radio everytime Waze announces a new direction/hazard? Or is this something that will have to wait for the new iOS?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will be compatible with iOS 12.

My question is can Waze and Sirius be used at the same time and not have Sync switch off sat radio everytime Waze announces a new direction/hazard? Or is this something that will have to wait for the new iOS?

Not sure. I installed iOS 12 yesterday but I think Waze or Sync also needs an update because it is not yet available in carplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter