GEN 2 WAZE - does it work for you?

Does Waze work for you?

• Yes, I have Android Auto and Waze - what's the issue?

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No, I have Android Auto and Waze - why can't I be cool like my bretheren?

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes - I have Apple and Waze - only works in Ford App Mode

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Yes - I have Apple and Waze - and it works in CarPlay!

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No - I have Apple and Waze - not working in any mode :(

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
gGlmId9.jpg

Todd Christ
Just now
WAZE Works! but only in App mode, not in CarPlay :(

to get it to work, disable carplay, unplug and plug phone back in then goto apps and you should see Waze as an option - it does lock your phone to Waze only though...

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/26/ford-adds-waze-to-its-sync-3-applink-for-ios-users/

hmm - so now I have the battle of do I use CarPlay for Spotify? or Ford Apps for Waze?

why can there be no middleground!!?!??!?!

doberer

Reaction score
when using it (driving to a destination) are your waze buttons usable or are they hidden like mine with the F150 buttons?

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, its useless as a Sync app in its current state. I want my Waze on my dash through sync app and my phone to work normally. I want to change tunes, scan email notifications, hell watch a damn youtube video if I wanted (I don't) but i should be able to if i please.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will never work in carplay mode until apple says it can. And they likely never will. And FYI, Waze on the radio screen sucks donkey dung. It's slow and crappy...

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Through Android Auto it works great. The problem is I haven't figured out how to use any other apps at the same time. Such as streaming music.

I was thinking of making the switch to Android. Does this mean that you can't play music stored on your phone while using Waze? That would be a deal breaker for me regardless of Waze.

neilsjoshn

Reaction score
I was thinking of making the switch to Android. Does this mean that you can't play music stored on your phone while using Waze? That would be a deal breaker for me regardless of Waze.

If you are using waze with android auto you can play music through your phone at the same time. I just did a trip to Nashville and back using waze and pandora the entire time. I have a google pixel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are using waze with android auto you can play music through your phone at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know thanks!

I tried Waze/iPhone via Fordapp on the drive home last night. First impressions were that the map size is small compared to Apple Maps as the lower banner for Sync control remains. The reporting of traffic, cops, etc is available through the touch screen. The navigational voice sounds terrible on Waze through the truck’s speakers compared to Maps.

Main issues for me with this setup is that I can’t respond to text messages like I can via CarPlay or access playlists by voice. I was hoping the navigational directions would also show up in the instrument cluster as it would via the on board system but no luck there.

I can see myself using this setup for long road trips but around town driving will probably stick with CarPlay until I get a new phone.