Waze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wdh777

Reaction score
So I finally updated to sync 3 3.0 via usb thank to everyone’s help here. I figured waze would be recognized but it isn’t. Do I need a usb connection or Bluetooth? Does it work if car play is enabled and I tap the ford icon to return to the ford menus and see waze. Doesn’t look like it. I turned off car play and restarted the truck. Nothing. Try d usb. Still nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks

OP
OP
W

Wdh777

Reaction score
So unpaired phone and repaired it. Slow to recognize but seems to finally work. So my observations are it’s still pretty glitchy. To get it to work can’t use CarPlay so need to disable it. Need usb connection. Set destination on phone vs car. Slow to recognize it. All I want is to use waze and Sirius and toggle easily back and forth. Am I missing anything?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No, I don’t think you’re missing anything. It’s not readily convenient, plus you lose some of the integrated nav features, although the waze or even apple maps is a cleaner map interface when navigating.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Waze on the car radio sucks rhino dung. It's a billion times less useful than using it on the phone itself. Ford failed hard on this one.