Water leak - Front Passenger area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thewheel82

Reaction score
After a hard rain while sitting in my driveway I heard water sloshing around coming from the passenger side the next time I drove. The front passenger floor is soaked and I am not sure exactly where the water I hear sloshing is stored.

Any guesses as to cause? Windows, doors, and moon roof were fully closed.

Taking it in tomorrow morning to dealer to have them address while I get the 5,000 mile service and recall checked out for the transmission.

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a hard rain while sitting in my driveway I heard water sloshing around coming from the passenger side the next time I drove. The front passenger floor is soaked and I am not sure exactly where the water I hear sloshing is stored.

Any guesses as to cause? Windows, doors, and moon roof were fully closed.

Taking it in tomorrow morning to dealer to have them address while I get the 5,000 mile service and recall checked out for the transmission.

This is typically caused by a plugged drain on your AC system (the puddle that usually forms under the truck when AC is running)

I've seen this multiple time in other vehicles. I'm not 100% sure where the drain is located on the Raptor so you may have to poke around a bit. It is almost always around the heater core area.

OP
OP
T

thewheel82

Reaction score
This is typically caused by a plugged drain on your AC system (the puddle that usually forms under the truck when AC is running)

I've seen this multiple time in other vehicles. I'm not 100% sure where the drain is located on the Raptor so you may have to poke around a bit. It is almost always around the heater core area.

Only occurs while Truck is parked during a heavy rain so the AC system would not be running. Would your suggestion still apply? Not sure the drain you are referring to also acts as a drain for rain water.

Thanks.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Sunroof tube or rear vent between bed and cab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only occurs while Truck is parked during a heavy rain so the AC system would not be running. Would your suggestion still apply? Not sure the drain you are referring to also acts as a drain for rain water.

Thanks.

Rain = humidity

Humidity/condensation is what is being removed by the drain.

Not saying I'm right, just have a strong gut feeling about this one.

Edit to add*
Ok so I just saw that you said the truck is parked and AC not running.... That makes things a bit weird.

The AC Condensation drain may very well be used as a drain point for multiple items in our trucks but I don't know this for sure.

The reason I keep coming back to the AC drain is because it is the only "wet" item located around the passenger floor board (aside from the heater core which would just be obvious is that was the problem).

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thewheel82

Reaction score
Dropped off at dealer this morning. Will update once they let me know what the issue is. First vehicle I have ever had that got wet inside due to rain in 20 years of vehicle ownership...not super encouraging but hopefully a simple and permanent fix available.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Check the passenger side doors for sloshing water. If the door drains are plugged they will fill up with water. Wet floor is likely your sunroof drains.

Thanks. I told service department to be sure and check both items.

Dan096

Reaction score
Sunroof,roof antenna leaks,just had a new windshield installed, now has water leak,4x4 module and bcm water soaked.No start at times and rear locker on,had to unplug to drive,Thanks windshield installer!

OP
OP
T

thewheel82

Reaction score
Got my truck back from the dealership Thursday and the diagnosis was........."Unable to replicate leak after three hours of testing...."

Supposedly they flushed the moonroof drain tube. Hopefully that took care of the issue. Not looking forward to having my carpet drenching wet again after a hard rain. Living in Houston we have some major storms come through so having a vehicle that does not leak is pretty important LOL. I guess I will find out after the next storm if the issue has been rectified. If the issue still persists I will not be accepting a loaner in case this turns into an unfixable issue by the dealership.