Wastegate Rattle on Startup Fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a fix to the wastegate rattle heard when starting the truck? I know dealers are telling guys this is normal, just wondering if there's a silicone sleeve or something to line the actuators that can eliminate the rattle. There's a couple videos on YouTube from another forum member showing the wastegate rattle and I'm wondering if the '18's are doing this as well (gotta believe they are).

Truck runs like a beast, just hoping to get his minor annoyance eliminated.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Glo6FjjsvYo

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Following... drives me nuts. Mine isn't nearly as bad as in this video and mine only lasts 2 seconds but still.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a fix to the wastegate rattle heard when starting the truck? I know dealers are telling guys this is normal, just wondering if there's a silicone sleeve or something to line the actuators that can eliminate the rattle. There's a couple videos on YouTube from another forum member showing the wastegate rattle and I'm wondering if the '18's are doing this as well (gotta believe they are).

Truck runs like a beast, just hoping to get his minor annoyance eliminated.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Glo6FjjsvYo

I was the first to report this. Thats my video. 2018 does it as well. Its annoying as ****. Its caused by the actuator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will give you guys my two interior rattles. Just had one pop up the other day. Im none to happy. I do not mind the waste gate noise.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will give you guys my two interior rattles. Just had one pop up the other day. Im none to happy. I do not mind the waste gate noise.

I've got two interior rattles, one where the center console meets the dash and one in the driver door. I've come to the conclusion that I will never own a vehicle that doesn't rattle inside at some point.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rattle under the instrument cluster, where the steering wheel meets it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I've got two interior rattles, one where the center console meets the dash and one in the driver door. I've come to the conclusion that I will never own a vehicle that doesn't rattle inside at some point.

Nope. When I first mounted a go-pro to my bike I was kind of stoked. I scored some decent on bike footage and downloaded. From about 4-5k rpms, it sounds like marbles in a can. I mean, it really, really sounds like ass. I played and re-played it for several runs, videoed the bike in neutral and the sound is gone. There is some piece near the camera that is getting some kind of resonance at that rpm range, noticeable in lower gears where there isn’t much other noise, but I have never heard it “live” only on the video. :-/

so I sympathize about the rattles.

ScorchedEarth

Reaction score
I have a rattle under the instrument cluster, where the steering wheel meets it.

I had the same rattle, took it apart and applied some tape to close up the gaps some, also noticed its also coming from the plastic trim covering the steering wheel colom.