Warranty hassle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has or anticipates warranty work hassle. Many on this forum, including myself purchased their truck either out of state or further from their closest dealer. Can local Ford dealers force you to have any warranty details handled where it was purchased? I sure hope that's not the case. I'm guessing Ford service centers get paid well for warranty work regardless where it was purchased? Plus, if these trucks are indeed limited, then dealers have to assume the trucks come from all over. Any insight?
Thanks!

Firemedic269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my front shocks replaced at a different dealer ( 2 1/2 hours away) than the one I bought the truck at. I have the ford extended warranty. It was very easy. I called them, scheduled the service, drove it down there, they replaced the shocks and I paid the $100 deductible. No sweat

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has or anticipates warranty work hassle. Many on this forum, including myself purchased their truck either out of state or further from their closest dealer. Can local Ford dealers force you to have any warranty details handled where it was purchased? I sure hope that's not the case. I'm guessing Ford service centers get paid well for warranty work regardless where it was purchased? Plus, if these trucks are indeed limited, then dealers have to assume the trucks come from all over. Any insight?
Thanks!

Here's a perfect example....bought my truck in PA 400 miles away....truck developed and oil leak....my local dealer is servicing the truck with no issues and has been top notch....loaner car and all....

And this was at a dealer that beat me up on the price of their truck and I walked....we were $400 or so apart.....they were set on getting it and I refused....the truck is still there....

Last edited:

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my front shocks replaced at a different dealer ( 2 1/2 hours away) than the one I bought the truck at. I have the ford extended warranty. It was very easy. I called them, scheduled the service, drove it down there, they replaced the shocks and I paid the $100 deductible. No sweat

Isn't it free for 3 years 36,000 miles regardless of your extended warranty coverage (I assume you don't have 36k miles)?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The location of the dealer who is going to work on your truck is irrelevant. It makes no difference who sold the truck to you. The factory warranty is nationwide.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The location of the dealer who is going to work on your truck is irrelevant. It makes no difference who sold the truck to you. The factory warranty is nationwide.
Agree, but it's also international, you can get warranty in Canada and visa versa as well.

Firemedic269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the warranty on new trucks. My truck had 36,000 miles 36,000 miles ago. Lol. I would assume the service is the same for a warranty on a new truck and a ford extended warranty. A new warranty wouldn't have a deductible though.

KomodoDragin

Reaction score
I asked the same question when I bought my truck from a dealer ~250 miles from where I live. I was told it doesn't matter where you are in the US, the warranty follows the truck.

Hopefully I never have to find out.