Warranty for Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Domitrix

Reaction score
So I have a Gen2 coming in mid-May. Thinking I should get an extended warranty because of electronics, this being the first year of Gen 2 and piece of mind. What have you new Gen 2 owners decided to do? Went through old thread from 2-5 years ago but costs and benefits different now.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flood Ford... best prices. I am getting an 8 year 100k warranty. Cheap peace of mind on a clean sheet new model year truck full of computers.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/buy_no...D=10&SELECT_Model2=&VehicleYear=2017&x=21&y=8

I still think it's funny how Flood Ford has the best price on the extended warranty, but they are trying to charge $25,000 ADM on the 3 Raptors just sitting on their lot *****. I was there looking the other day and told a sales guy I had one being built next week and I paid MSRP. He told me that wasn't posable, and the going rate is $25K above sticker

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not buying one initially.....if trouble free then might buy one if decide to keep long term.....if bunch of problems in first year then I will trade for something else. Basically getting a MY18 by time mine is built.

Hdscreens

Reaction score
So, I can purchase a Ford vehicle at any dealer then buy extended warranty from Flood Ford? If that's the case I had no idea. Could even use link website it to negotiate warranty price at dealer I would purchase raptor from.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did 8 year, 100k warranty with $100 deductible and light bulb coverage. $1535. Cheap for the warm-fuzzes it provides

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you really plan on keeping for 8 years?

If so, AND you average 12k miles a year, then not too bad. But I thought the "extracare" plan was more than enough and a good bit cheaper.

By the way Jet.... mine was also built 3/11 and has been perfect so far! So maybe the "good" shift was working that day!

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put between 25k and 30K miles a year on my trucks so I got a 4Year/100K mile warranty. The one my dealer was selling was good enough for me.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you really plan on keeping for 8 years?

If so, AND you average 12k miles a year, then not too bad. But I thought the "extracare" plan was more than enough and a good bit cheaper.

By the way Jet.... mine was also built 3/11 and has been perfect so far! So maybe the "good" shift was working that day!

Yes... I thought about it a long time. I plan to drive it to about 100k miles (I fall in love with vehicles and customize them to my liking). I drive about 10k miles a year as I am a pilot and am gone about 10 days a month and also have a Jeep and Motorcycle. For me it works... Lots of options based on your driving... for me $1535 for 8 years/100k miles was basically free.

Mine is PERFECT except tonight I found a little paint (lack of paint) on the front of the hood). Not noticeable but now that I saw it it will drive me crazy. That's the only issue I have found and I have been looking for things. So far happy... finding this paint issue is frustrating but still happy with her. I need to post pics.... Just tricked her out today! Tires/Wheels, RPG Lift, Pedal Commander, Window Tint...