GEN 2 Wanna be Raptor (Tundra)...and it Cost MORE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

phatjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Looks great. I was very close to getting a Tundra but the technology in them is non existent.

True, but they do have ridiculously high resale value....

From a technology perspective, the Raptor is the complete package with blind spot monitoring, 360 camera, front camera, pre-collision, etc.

Funny, next up with tech is the Nissan Titan. It has the 360 camera, blind spot, etc.

Both the Tundra and Chevy lag.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, but they do have ridiculously high resale value....

From a technology perspective, the Raptor is the complete package with blind spot monitoring, 360 camera, front camera, pre-collision, etc.

Funny, next up with tech is the Nissan Titan. It has the 360 camera, blind spot, etc.

Both the Tundra and Chevy lag.
Agree, I drove the Titan and really liked the tech and ride but hate the look of the exterior. Couldn't feel good about walking across the parking lot thinking "there she is"...

caleb

Reaction score
Just sold my 2016 Tundra TRD Pro and would agree, the resale is very good. In two years of ownership, I never had a single problem. It was my 6th Toyota and never had any problems with any of them. That was my biggest hesitation on switching to the Raptor, I see all kinds of problems with them. Only time will tell if my decision was a good one or not. I will say the Raptor is way funner to drive then the Tundra was.

I also like that they charge $800 for a color match package and then have black flares on it...I don't think they fully understand what color match is. I wouldn't say it costs more. You've got a whole slew of aftermarket on that truck, add just one of those pieces to a Raptor and you're now in the same ballpark.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's a poser. They even added the three lights in the grill.

You do know those lights are DOT required over 79.5" of width right? I'm betting the wheels/fender flares required them.

That being said, and I'm in LOVE with my Raptor, I've had two Tundra's, a SR5 and a Rockwarrior, and they were fantastic trucks. Over 8 years of ownership, never left me stranded.

Raptor left me on the side of the road 2 weeks in. Just saying.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do know those lights are DOT required over 79.5" of width right? I'm betting the wheels/fender flares required them.

That being said, and I'm in LOVE with my Raptor, I've had two Tundra's, a SR5 and a Rockwarrior, and they were fantastic trucks. Over 8 years of ownership, never left me stranded.

Legal or not the grill lights are a defining raptor look and putting them on the toyota (or any other truck) makes it a wannabe. Mind you i think that 380hp Toyota looks good but gunna have to change out the lights [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
afd94b226cdb9d4334597528cf3682bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yes, and it is possible that the genius techs at Toyota added them because they added the fender flares and it pushed the width to 79.5"+...but not very likely .

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love toyota's and wanted to like the Tundra before I bought the raptor. I just couldnt get over that a new tundra seemed like it hasnt changed in almost 10 years and the cheesy stuff like rivets in the fenders, chrome, etc.

Fortunately its long overdo redesign is coming next year. Look forward to it.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same here, i looked at them hard, but dated look and my last tacoma the tranny went out at 16k