GEN 2 Wall of Shame Greedy FORD Dealers. Call them out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Breeks

Reaction score
The highest price ever Peoria Ford Phoenix $709,250 for 2017 Screw.

Must be a typo Maybe not :)

Sticker 70,920

709-raptor.jpg

Last edited:

TrapperJ

Reaction score
Lance Cunningham Ford in Knoxville TN. $6-$8K over MSRP I kindly told the salesman to enjoy it while it lasts. Building 90 a day its short lived at best.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Lance Cunningham Ford in Knoxville Tennessee...Wants $6-8K over msrp

I told him that building 90 a day it wont be this way long. he said many dealers were paying 3-5k over. Fools all of them.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Lance Cunningham in Knoxville TN says they "pay" 3-5 over to get trucks from other dealers. then offered to me @ $6-8K over. I told them to enjoy while they could. with Ford building 90 a day it wouldn't last long!

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my video you watched. I was not "bragging" about anything, I was just sharing my story. If you are stupid enough to pay a hefty markup for a truck, then knock yourself out. But don't come on here and trash talk me for getting a better deal. I did nothing wrong, I legitimately wanted to add on those options and it's not my fault the dealer didn't do his homework before filling out the paperwork. Thanks for your useless input though Mother Teresa.

I am all for getting a better deal, but when you call and ask specifically for adds and know you did, yet won't admit you added it...well I play by different rules I guess....call that legitimate...Guilty conscience?
Signed MT

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

... no dishonesty.

So calling a dealer after you signed a deal and asking them for more and telling them over the phone you are willing to pay for it and want those adds...yet when the dealer comes back to you with paperwork you signed previous w/o those adds you call that honesty when you keep your mouth shut and don't inform them you added?

MT

Enjoy your truck, they are an awesome truck.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gwpfan, have you never ordered a vehicle before? It's standard practice to negotiate a price relative to invoice/MSRP regardless of configuration and then add/remove options down the line for cost.

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The highest price ever Peoria Ford Phoenix $709,250 for 2017 Screw.

Must be a typo Maybe not :)

Sticker 70,920

709-raptor.jpg

I've been to Peoria Ford a few times in the last couple years for GT350s, GT500s and Raptors...that might not be a typo, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gwpfan, have you never ordered a vehicle before? It's standard practice to negotiate a price relative to invoice/MSRP regardless of configuration and then add/remove options down the line for cost.

I have and understand. Watch the video..condensed is when he picked up the truck he got a different salesman who didn't know he added the stuff, salesperson said "I don't know why it came in with extras, but we agreed to this $, so I'll keep it at that $." He did a great job negotiating earlier below MSRP by $2K from memory. He took advantage of the situation...good/bad/indifferent.
People here earlier have been complaining about dealers not standing by their word/being greedy...I just gave an example of a video I found that a customer was doing the same thing.

To each their own.....karma...Signed MT....DL

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

I just bought my son a Ram Power Wagon, that is one serious off road truck, they can easily be found for 10k under msrp. Can't wait to compare it to my Raptor if it ever gets here! Sorry to say my Raptor was no where near as good a deal. I guess one truck way under msrp balances out another truck over msrp....:)

That's awesome, lucky son! Let me know how they compare, but so far my 17 Raptor is the best vehicle I've ever owned and best truck I've ever driven.

I will say there's a lot about the Power Wagon I do like, but never drove one. Interested to what fuel mileage will be...so far the Raptor is 15 and that's with spooling up the turbos more that I probably should have! :biggrin:

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am all for getting a better deal, but when you call and ask specifically for adds and know you did, yet won't admit you added it...well I play by different rules I guess....call that legitimate...Guilty conscience?
Signed MT

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

So calling a dealer after you signed a deal and asking them for more and telling them over the phone you are willing to pay for it and want those adds...yet when the dealer comes back to you with paperwork you signed previous w/o those adds you call that honesty when you keep your mouth shut and don't inform them you added?

MT

Enjoy your truck, they are an awesome truck.

Cool story bro. Clearly you need to watch the video again, since your facts are pretty skewed. Or, you could just get off your high horse and stop judging other people just because you are upset about not getting a good deal on your truck.

Either way, I'll be out enjoying my truck and I suggest you do the same. I know I'll sleep just fine with my "guilty conscience" :mwah1:

weezy

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool story bro. Clearly you need to watch the video again, since your facts are pretty skewed. Or, you could just get off your high horse and stop judging other people just because you are upset about not getting a good deal on your truck.

Either way, I'll be out enjoying my truck and I suggest you do the same. I know I'll sleep just fine with my "guilty conscience" :mwah1:

weezy

It's clear your the one butthurt here. You felt you had to come back and defend your story when no reference was even given to you nor your video and yet hadn't been.

Never said I was upset about what I paid and you have not idea of what I paid....you've called me ignorant, Mother Teresa and 'judgemental' and more...you're true colors show thru your posts.

Facts skewed? Did you watch the video? Are we even referring to the same one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NETgg7CvbLE
Tell me what I missed:
6:45 $1,000 BELOW Sticker - Agreed
7:45 Called back got different Salesman, talked to INTERNET SALES and added REMOTE START, LED BOX LIGHTS, BUMPED UP $500/$600, "PRETTY HAPPY AT THAT POINT."
9:30 SAME PRICE SHEET $53k
9:51 DIDN'T REALIZE I ADDED ON TWO FEATURES...GOT $2k BELOW STICKER.

The trucks are cool and I am done wasting my time with your useless claims and your defensive measures and name calling. Video and posts speak for themselves.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's clear your the one butthurt here. You felt you had to come back and defend your story when no reference was even given to you nor your video and yet hadn't been.

Never said I was upset about what I paid and you have not idea of what I paid....you've called me ignorant, Mother Teresa and 'judgemental' and more...you're true colors show thru your posts.

Facts skewed? Did you watch the video? Are we even referring to the same one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NETgg7CvbLE
Tell me what I missed:
6:45 $1,000 BELOW Sticker - Agreed
7:45 Called back got different Salesman, talked to INTERNET SALES and added REMOTE START, LED BOX LIGHTS, BUMPED UP $500/$600, "PRETTY HAPPY AT THAT POINT."
9:30 SAME PRICE SHEET $53k
9:51 DIDN'T REALIZE I ADDED ON TWO FEATURES...GOT $2k BELOW STICKER.

The trucks are cool and I am done wasting my time with your useless claims and your defensive measures and name calling. Video and posts speak for themselves.

Once again, I will re-state that I did nothing dishonest. I ordered the truck one day and then added on options a week later. Since my salesman was not available (and did not have access to the ordering system), I was forwarded to the Internet Sales team. It is their responsibility to communicate any changes to the salesman. It was also the salesman's duty to study the build sheet for any discrepancies during the final sale. When the numbers didn't add up, he should have looked closer. Instead, he was lazy and just went ahead with it since he didn't care.

I personally don't care what you would have done in this situation, but I went ahead and signed the paperwork anyway and drove out in my new truck. The only thing I regret is even replying to your original comment because I have no obligation to justify my actions to you, or anyone else on this forum. Lesson learned...

Please take a minute to cool down before posting next time. No need to rage on a forum full of strangers; it will not benefit you in any way and just makes you look bad. Have a nice day.

weezy