Wait list & MSRP issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I contacted them. They will not entertain invoice. He said they have 8 or 9 guys that have purchased raptors in the past that will be purchasing the new Raptor. If any deals will be done it will be with those customers. Makes sense.

I'll tell you what. I have to go over to Peoria this weekend anyway. Let me talk to the GM at Uftring. I called him when I saw your reply, and he confirmed that the past buyers were first in line for their allocations. I'm not intending on getting a Gen2 right away, and know that I was one of the 7 or 8 guys that bought a Gen1 from them. If you strike out with anyone else, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I could give my spot to someone else. We've bought a dozen or more vehicles from this dealership, so I'm hopeful they will do it. Just let me know BEFORE anyone calls so that I can make sure they are expecting it and who it is. The order date is a while away, so we have some time......

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man what a apparent wind fall for the dealership! They are telling folks how much OVER the price they should ask, for a truck that hasn't even been put into production. I heard of one dealership in Mississippi who says whoever has the largest deposit already paid gets first choice on the Raptors he gets, then working down. I have no idea how much over MSRP he is gonna hit folks for.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paying over msrp for a production vehicle is insane.

Any of you guy do a deal where MSRP is the "out the door" price? All inclusive with taxes, doc fee, registration? Or on a high-demand truck like Gen2 Raptor, would MSRP + taxes, doc fee, registration, be considered a "fair" deal? Just curious.

loke

Reaction score
If the Gen2 follows a similar pattern to the Gen1, then around here in Phoenix all the Ford dealers were able to put a Raptor on their lot for over MSRP and sell it. When you asked to order, they didn't have any interest in a deal, knowing they could just put it on the lot and get what they wanted for it. I ended up heading about 50 miles outside of town to Tom Jones in Buckeye and they were happy to let me order one for $500 over invoice. A few months later I was still waiting but in need of a truck so they gave me a similar Raptor off the lot for the same deal.

No matter what happens, invoice to over MSRP prices can vary as much as $10k. if you can find a deal, you're better off with a national search and traveling if they can't deliver. Don't put up with that crap.

On another note, I often spend my summers on Maine so I looked around there too. NO ONE has Raptors in Maine. A few dealers up there were more than happy to let me order one for a deal. So again, try going to an area that won't see a lot and they'll be happy for the business.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Another thing to remember, when the Raptors first came out, we were in the middle of a pretty big recession. Not many people were buying cars, let alone big toy trucks. Prices started creeping up 2012 to where they are now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On another note, I often spend my summers on Maine so I looked around there too. NO ONE has Raptors in Maine. A few dealers up there were more than happy to let me order one for a deal. So again, try going to an area that won't see a lot and they'll be happy for the business.

I bought my Raptor in Maine. Darlings Ford in Bangor to be exact. They only had the black Scab that I bought, and had a race red and blue en route within the month. I took the black scab at 51k and ran with it. Maine doesn't really carry them because few up there can afford them.

Then I packed up and moved to Florida within a few months. If I had known I was going to move, then I would have waited. Probably could have gotten a better deal.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Another thing to remember, when the Raptors first came out, we were in the middle of a pretty big recession. Not many people were buying cars, let alone big toy trucks. Prices started creeping up 2012 to where they are now.
One other thing to consider, when the Gen 1s came out, the only folks really interested were off-road guys. The demand didn't go up until it became the cool rich guy truck. The demand for the Gen 2 will be high right off the bat.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One other thing to consider, when the Gen 1s came out, the only folks really interested were off-road guys. The demand didn't go up until it became the cool rich guy truck. The demand for the Gen 2 will be high right off the bat.
Are you saying because I bought one of the first raptors I wasn't cool?