Wait list & MSRP issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
You're going to pay to have the first one. There is a ton of hype with this truck. Not so much on the Gen 1. Dealers didn't really know what they were until 2012 and the prices stayed high after that. Look at used Gen 1 pricing now. I bet once we get through the first year things will mellow out a bit. Especially once everyone knows what allocation and production numbers will look like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealers and owners are listing gt350r mustangs at 1250,000.00 on ebay and getting it. Some ppl have no brain. If my dealer wants me to buy a new raptor he will sell it somewhere between invoice and msrp or ill buy it elsewhere. Any idiot who buys a vehicle at way over msrp is an idiot , any dealer that does that is a thief.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First in line and a low price? I'm sorry, but that only applies to black Friday deals at Walmart. People willing to pay a premium will get there's first. If you don't want to pay the premium, wait for the novelty to wear off and shop around.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most dealers in Southern California were charging way over MSRP for years. A few sold $500 to $1000 invoice, I think just to increase their allocations. But that may be hard to find again. I would start looking with those dealers first.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will be a big demand for them once its released but this is not the same truck in low numbers like the Gen1. Ford is going to make 2017 in big numbers, so if people stick together and tell the dealers they are not paying the mark up!! we will win, remember we have the power!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
The Gen 1 wasn't limited to a production number. They made them to order. How ever many were ordered were made. I am betting that's the way they will do it this time. If it's a Ford Performance vehicle, with the red window sticker, it's going to be considered a limited production vehicle but they aren't going to limit the number and stop production once they reach that level.

You can't blame dealers for trying to make money. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay. The GT350R is an extreme example. Guys paying $125,000 for that don't care about $125,000 the way you or I do. Even the GT350 is limited to a specific number and dealers aren't getting more than their allocation. Once they are out they are out. If guys are willing to pay $10,000-$20,000 over MSRP to have the first ones, why should a dealer sell it at invoice and lose out on the money? Everyone is in business to make money. Can't fault them for taking advantage of an opportunity

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 1 wasn't limited to a production number. They made them to order. How ever many were ordered were made. I am betting that's the way they will do it this time. If it's a Ford Performance vehicle, with the red window sticker, it's going to be considered a limited production vehicle but they aren't going to limit the number and stop production once they reach that level.

You can't blame dealers for trying to make money. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay. The GT350R is an extreme example. Guys paying $125,000 for that don't care about $125,000 the way you or I do. Even the GT350 is limited to a specific number and dealers aren't getting more than their allocation. Once they are out they are out. If guys are willing to pay $10,000-$20,000 over MSRP to have the first ones, why should a dealer sell it at invoice and lose out on the money? Everyone is in business to make money. Can't fault them for taking advantage of an opportunity

Let's see some fakes pics of that GT350 of yours lol.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fault Ford for spending my money (shareholder) developing a product then leaving money on the table for the blood sucking parasite dealers to make the money.
If a vehicle is worth 20K over MSRP, then Ford should price it as such and let the dealer make their usual profit, not some huge gouge-o-rama rip off profit.
Ford spent the development money, took the risk with gen 1, they should be making the lions share, not the gouging dealer.
I also have a problem with this "Gotta be the first on the block" mentality. What I would really like to see is gen 2 Raptors sitting on dealer lots unsold.

Basja

Reaction score
Well looks like i need to start making phone calls

Ill let yall know any good findings, im in the atlanta area and there are a couple of dealers on the near invoice list!

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I fault Ford for spending my money (shareholder) developing a product then leaving money on the table for the blood sucking parasite dealers to make the money.
If a vehicle is worth 20K over MSRP, then Ford should price it as such and let the dealer make their usual profit, not some huge gouge-o-rama rip off profit.
Ford spent the development money, took the risk with gen 1, they should be making the lions share, not the gouging dealer.
I also have a problem with this "Gotta be the first on the block" mentality. What I would really like to see is gen 2 Raptors sitting on dealer lots unsold.

Dodge was threatening to pull allocations of dealers who were putting huge premiums on the hellcats so who knows if Ford would do the same.

But look at it through the dealers eyes, if someone wants to pay $50k+ over MSRP on a vehicle like the gt350r why wouldnt you take the money? I know I would.

The Raptor isnt a limited production vehicle and Ford has already officially stated everyone who wants one can get one, meaning they will build as many as they need to satisfy demand.

In a 10 minute convo with my local Ford dealer they already said no more than MSRP so I might be able to talk them down a bit when more info is out.