Wait list & MSRP issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

triharder21

Reaction score
Dealerships lol

https://youtu.be/uMWmYJOa-BM

That's spot on... I'm pissed my dealer is asking 30k over, but I know why they are doing it and they would be stupid if they didn't ask over MSRP at this point. The only thing that ****** me off a little is they paid 10k over to other dealers out of state to get more allocations, and then are marking those up even more. Those tactics are like that annoying kid that sleeps in front of Toys R Us for the PS4 launch to buy 10 to put on ebay...

What also ****** me off is they are still playing standard dealer games, like calling me saying they want to negotiate and see what my trade in is worth, then when I come in, they say they are firm on the 30k markup...

A couple places out of state are doing stupid crap too, like telling me I need to make my offer in person for them to consider it...I understand the value of an offer in person, but if they are asking 20k over, and the best I will do is 3k over, all they are trying to do is to get me to waste my time and feel obligated to pay more....

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score

there are still some great dealers (i have yet to find a great ford dealer though). the sad truth is that while dealers are given the freedom to be as terrible as they are, they don't have to be. and they still have to compete with each other, and with the internet and online communication it is now a whole lot easier to broaden your search to far beyond your local area. this creates even more competition. also, you have facebook and yelp and google that allow users to post reviews that can very quickly be viewed/seen by everyone. car dealers are being forced to begin paying attention to this.

the question is, how much of a difference does all of this make? not sure, but those dang millennials may have the biggest impact.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thatta boy!!!! And I love you too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but hey, the millenials are the fully plugged in generation that will mold the sales model of the future. hopefully, ****** salescum will start to be a thing of the past and the dealer experience will change for the better.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
but hey, the millenials are the fully plugged in generation that will mold the sales model of the future. hopefully, ****** salescum will start to be a thing of the past and the dealer experience will change for the better.

Let's hope so... that'd be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loboloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to purchase a Raptor at MSRP (no mark-up!) call Dana Schmoker at Eide Ford in Bismarck, ND at 701-269-0161. Best dealership I have ever dealt with. I just picked up my 2017 Raptor last week. There is already a line of folks waiting to order a 2018 Raptor, so hurry. They only get about 16 Raptors a year allocated. Although, they managed to find me an additional one.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

In March, I custom ordered a 2017 Ford Raptor, but unlike almost all other Ford dealers, Eide Ford did not mark up the vehicle above MSRP and offered me top dollar for my trade-in. The Ford Raptors are usually marked up anywhere between $5,000-$20,000 over MSRP, depending on which part of the country you live in. The other local Ford dealership offered me a Raptor for $10,000 over MSRP. At Eide Ford I paid $400 below sticker price.

My new truck finally arrived at Eide last Wednesday. Unfortunately, my trade-in vehicle was still at a local body shop having some hail damage repaired and wasn't going to be ready for a few more days. I was "bummed" knowing that my new truck had finally arrived, yet I would only be able to look at it for a few more days.

To my surprise, the manager told me to just take it home with me and come back to finalize the deal once my trade-in was out of the shop. I was stunned and I am forever grateful to the folks at Eide. All I was asked to do was get the vehicle insured and I was handed the keys.

I know of no other dealership that would go to this length of customer satisfaction. Although, I have bought two previous vehicles from Eide, I have not exclusively bought from them over the past 6 years. I once switched brands briefly, before returning to Ford, and the last Ford truck I purchased I bought from the competition. It was a momentary lack of judgement and in retrospect, I regretted it.

I can say without reservation that Eide Ford is the best dealership I have ever done business with. Their service goes beyond what can be reasonably expected and every time I think that they could not get any better, they manage to raise the bar again. My sales person, Dana Schmoker (701-269-0161) was exceptional, as were the GSM and the rest of the sales team. As long as I remain in ND or nearby, I will never deal with another Ford dealership, except Eide Ford. They are second to none. I love my new Raptor.