Vid for what it's worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This video has been everywhere today. I would have expected the Gen 2 to do a lot better. I don't think that Gen 1 is really only 600 horsepower. Hennessey rates their Whipple trucks at 650. But there's really not that much difference between the base TVS and Whipple kits. This truck must be somewhere in between. With the weight and gearing differences it couldn't be the same power as the Gen 2.

More importantly, I'm really impressed that neither truck burned to the ground.

I'd say Hennessey's quality control must be improving but that would be... well...

1b75a586d4dc254ff015fca4af728f78d0eab4808847ed65ba.jpg

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a 1/4 mile? Looked like that. That being said, the Gen 1 was only 1 truck length behind. That's like .2 in the 1/4 mile. I don't think the gen 2 is anywhere near 600 hp. Infact people are getting into the high 13's with stock GEN 2s!!! Even the whippled Gen 1s were lucky to get in that range. Bottom Line Gen 2 stock vs Gen 1 stock is a BETTER performing truck all around, with the exception of sound performance.

Plus the true potential of the truck is unlocked after the wheep hole is drilled. In fact, an inside source tells me THAT'S ALL HENESSEY is doing to get 600HP out of the GEN2 and charging 20,000 for it.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a 1/4 mile? Looked like that. That being said, the Gen 1 was only 1 truck length behind. That's like .2 in the 1/4 mile. I don't think the gen 2 is anywhere near 600 hp. Infact people are getting into the high 13's with stock GEN 2s!!! Even the whippled Gen 1s were lucky to get in that range. Bottom Line Gen 2 stock vs Gen 1 stock is a BETTER performing truck all around, with the exception of sound performance.

Plus the true potential of the truck is unlocked after the wheep hole is drilled. In fact, an inside source tells me THAT'S ALL HENESSEY is doing to get 600HP out of the GEN2 and charging 20,000 for it.

That gen 2 had at best 100hp more then stock...550 max..probably more like 525 range. My stock 450 G2 has beaten Whipple and Rousch G1 raptors in the sand and on the street.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not to nit pick, but if the front bumper of the Gen1 was even rear bumper of the Gen2, then it would be 1 car length. There was close to 1.5 Raptor lengths gap between the two. Considering that the Raptor is longer than a standard car, it would be most likely closer to a 3 car length victory. That's ~0.6 seconds. That's fairly significant. Frankly, I'm not sure that whether this is because Hennessey has really done a good job tuning the Gen2 or a ****** job tuning the Gen1. The gap seems over exaggerated. This may have been on purpose. I don't believe anything that comes from Hennessey, their videos, their HP claims, any of it.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think the gen 1 kinda slept at the line... he also was about to drive around the gen 2 if longer track..

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Really not trying to start a Gen war, but VMP has gone into the 12's on a Screw Gen 1 @ 510 at the wheels with a TVS.
https://youtu.be/5gQwJpKyyJw?t=2m10s

Definitely curious on how the G2 will perform once more people/tuners keep playing with it.

No argument that the Gen 2 is the better platform to build a faster truck.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really not trying to start a Gen war, but VMP has gone into the 12's on a Screw Gen 1 @ 510 at the wheels with a TVS.
https://youtu.be/5gQwJpKyyJw?t=2m10s

Definitely curious on how the G2 will perform once more people/tuners keep playing with it.

No argument that the Gen 2 is the better platform to build a faster truck.

Thanks for posting that video! I really don't care too much about how quick my truck is in the 1/4 but it's still nice to have some kind of a point of reference.

A few of us on the board with Whipple trucks have pulled 560 at the rear, by the way. And one of the guys is still running full stock exhaust.

Mine was running brand new Toyos MT at the time, as well. Dyno operator guessed it could have hit 590 on the BFGs, which is what the only other truck I know of that had a monoblade and big injectors pulled.

After reading some of the other guys' comments above I am changing my view, by the way. The Gen 1 probably is only 600 horsepower. I bet Hennessey is full of shit about the Gen 2 being 600. 540 is probably more like it.

Definitely going to be fun and interesting to watch as the better tuners out there spend more time developing the Gen 2.