Valet mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious..

Does the truck have some kind of valet mode? Occasionally I have to leave my truck at an airport parking lot and they only valet. I would like to be able to limit RPM's or something along those lines to avoid joyriding.

JD06

Reaction score
Yes, It's on the stereo settings screen. swipe left and you will get to valet mode. you will have to set the PIN # and it will ask you twice to enter.

JD

OP
OP
A

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, It's on the stereo settings screen. swipe left and you will get to valet mode. you will have to set the PIN # and it will ask you twice to enter.

JD

Sweet, thanks!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My GEN1 has valet mode:
I PARK IT.
It was years before I let my wife drive it, she's only driven it twice - to work, and that was only because her car was in the shop.
I think that letting a stranger drive a Raptor is similar to letting a stranger sleep with your wife.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a valet mode but it does not dumb down or limit the throttle. It simply locks the user from accessing your Sync screen.

OP
OP
A

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mr_beaverhousen is unfortunately correct. Real big oversight as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed and that should be addressed with a software update. I wonder if they have a more restrictive valet mode with tuning software?

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Can you do something similar via "My Key"? Shut everything down and limit the speed on the key you leave.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

My GEN1 has valet mode:
I PARK IT.
It was years before I let my wife drive it, she's only driven it twice - to work, and that was only because her car was in the shop.
I think that letting a stranger drive a Raptor is similar to letting a stranger sleep with your wife.

Pretty sure I would prefer a stranger sleeping with my wife.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MyKey is pretty useless for this mode unless you think the valet is going to be going over 65mph to park the car. Usually, they'll gun it in the parking lot and won't ever get up that speed. Plus you have to reprogram the key after you get it back. SRT's and Trailhawk's definitely do a better job on this.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MyKey is pretty useless for this mode unless you think the valet is going to be going over 65mph to park the car. Usually, they'll gun it in the parking lot and won't ever get up that speed. Plus you have to reprogram the key after you get it back. SRT's and Trailhawk's definitely do a better job on this.

Even those things won't do much because I suspect a valet that wanted to test the raptor would be more interested in driving over every curb in sight than doing burnouts.